I Got Burnt!!

And then the Imports have the audacity to say they are ISO certified! That tells me that being ISO certified is just a consumer buzz phrase trap…Dave
I know this is an old thread, but being ISO certified has nothing to do with true quality. It has to do with record keeping, written and defined procedures, for various manufacturing actions. All the ISO certifying means is you build it the same every time, and can document the whole manufacturing process. If it’s a crap product, it will be the same crap product coming off the production line, every time. The standards are set by the paperwork, if you spec a .030” clearance and it really should be .010”, for proper operation, they will make it .030”. The documentation says they will build to whatever the paperwork calls for, and you can back up their claims, with the documentation, recorded during production. Lots and lots of paperwork, that all the certification means is, if unit one rolls off the production line, unit 10,001 should be identical, whether the quality is good is not the true ISO concern.

Last edited:
All gets back to having a good look at a machine before buying,and getting some feedback from recent owners that you can talk to.......A million complaints from one owner may mean nothing ,or everything.....you must meet and see working.....People who buy new cars sight unseen get the salesman car where the cat has had a claw at the seat cloth...(true example)

@Coomba I'd open the electrical panel(s)...loose screws ARE a HUGE deal in there. If this is like my PM (and they do look a lot like long lost brothers), there should be a small panel on side of motor as well, crack that bad boy open as post haste.

Back