I Hate Air Leaks!

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Been trying to pin point an air leak in my air system for 3 days now. Narrowed it down to my FRLs. Stupid made in China brass reducer that causes cancer only in California! ;)

Damn reducer is cracked & when I went to take off the other side to check it one of the nipples broke off! Never had a problem with brass fittings breaking before back when they were still made in the US!

Sorry, had to rant, off to buy more China cancer causing in Cali only fittings.

20190504_153447.jpg

Horrible freight? I've had them break on me. Usually at night after stores are all closed. :mad:

Horrible freight? I've had them break on me. Usually at night after stores are all closed. :mad:

Haha, no but might as well be. Big box hardware store. I guess I can't complain that much, they've lasted 8 yrs already but still, they should not have failed the way they did. I did not overtighten them.

We couldn't get hydraulic fittings made in the USA any longer , only from China . The crimp area was 1/2" shorter than the ones made here . Not only did they cause cancer but when they leaked , they put you on your butt very quickly . :)

Just got back from Lowes. Rant on, $17 for 4 China cancer causing fittings! Haha

Anyways, good news is the leak at my FRLs is fixed, no more pressure loss. Now to pressurize the entire system & see if the compressor kicks on at night. At least I have a good supply of the o-rings for the filter bowls now, I bought 100 of them, those usually give out first & is what I changed on day one.

Sorry for the rant guys, sucks when you have to fix things when you planned finishing up other things and on the weekend. Looks like this saga is over and I'm glad. If not I'll be posting back here. :big grin:

20190504_175408.jpg

If you need geed good fittings , let me know . Got 1000s here in stainless , brass , steel and plastic . I'll throw them in a box for nuffin . We are in the process of shutting one of our plants down right now . They'll be tossing whatever is up there in the dumpster . + , my plant is signing up with MSC to take care of our AMMS , which means we'll most likely be scrapping whatever hardware we have on the premises . :grin: I don't have the need or space for it , but I hate to see stuff go into the dumpster .

If you need geed good fittings , let me know . Got 1000s here in stainless , brass , steel and plastic . I'll throw them in a box for nuffin .

Dave, you know I may just take you up on you offer! A man can never have too many fittings! I'll send you a PM tonight. Thanks!

Cool , we're cleaning house here . :encourage: While we're on the subject of leaks , last night we had a lightning strike right next to the plant . Knocked out our handling systems in half the plant . Spent all night tracing pipes finding the clogs and vacuum leaks . Got them back up and running around 4.30 . 6.30 , they called and had a clog in the silo lines . Water must have gotten in somehow and caked the poly together . Not a great night to be in here by my lonesome .

I'll pay shipping......

Cool , we're cleaning house here . :encourage: While we're on the subject of leaks , last night we had a lightning strike right next to the plant . Knocked out our handling systems in half the plant . Spent all night tracing pipes finding the clogs and vacuum leaks . Got them back up and running around 4.30 . 6.30 , they called and had a clog in the silo lines . Water must have gotten in somehow and caked the poly together . Not a great night to be in here by my lonesome .
Been there & done that many 36 hour days in a glass plant. I totally understand.

Back