I Hate Cleaning Chips Out Of T-Slots

Mini Cooper S

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I know that others have made table covers before, this is just my take on it based on materials on hand. I have a 9 1/4" x 12 ft. length of .166" aluminum left over from when we had out manufacturing business, so I decided to put it to use. Made keys that fit into the T-slots to keep the covers from sliding around, yet easy to remove. I like aluminum because it won't absorb moisture and cause the tables to rust.

For the CNC.
20200318_124722.jpg

For the manual mill. Note the extra cover to keep chips out from behind the DRO scale.
20200318_125022.jpg

Keys to keep in place.

20200318_124756.jpg

I made a couple of covers from hardboard, imbedded button magnets in bottom, painted, and put an raised edge around 3 sides to keep stuff from rolling off. No pics, my shop is still under winter wraps, so everything is coved in plastic

I usually choose to work with steel so that I can use a magnet for cleanup.

How do you get thru the winter?
I'd be jonesing real bad.......
-brino
Not much I can do, my shop ( garage is all block const.) It's not insulated, that would cost a fortune. About another month when the temps come up I'll be out there. I spend the winter dreaming up projects, and attempting to draw them up with AutoCAD

....it would take me several months of daily use to even start getting comfortable with Fusion-360.

and YES I have tried all the online and youtube stuff, including Lars Christensen.
It just doesn't stick!
Most likely because I only have a few hours a week for it. By the time I try the next step I have lost any previous knowledge.

One more thing I'll have to put off 'til retirement.
-brino

As I said I'm attempting, to use AutoCAD it does have a steep learning curve.
I wasn't doing too bad last year just simple stuff, well just as you said I lost most of what I learned. I found some good tutorials I'll post the link when I find them.

Back