I have a space problem, lathe related, New ACRA 1440 TVS

My Doall band saw is 3ph, and it ran the 1340 before the VFD improvement.

My power supply is on the unistruts that would have to move. My main concern is being able to remove the end cover for servising.

Build her an outdoor shed with power and water for all her gardening tools. You'll probably get the husband-of-the-year award AND you'll have room for your lathe.

(This is so easy.)
This is EXACTLY what I did…

Myself, and construction do not have a good working relationship. I can work on cars, I can deal with bodies, parts of bodies, and fix things around the house. Me, and wood don't get along.
Trust me, if I can do it so can you!! And I built mine without any plans!! And she helped!!!

Get a 30" length. Ask Tom at Acra. Do you need a 14" swing?

Tom can get you an RML-V 1430 that has the factory installed vfd.
I love my 1330 ERL very robust for a smaller machine but if I could do it again I'd spend a few extra grand for the RML 1430 or even the 1630.
I would've had to retool the entire machine though if I would have gone with the RML.
FYI the TVS is the same as the RML-V

Last edited:
I'm wanting to get the 5hp, I can stall the 1340 at 2hp. I have bigger machine on my mind already...I have to drill out my 2" bats with a 10" x 1.5625 drill bit, I do step drill, but I still have to be dainty, plus I'm worrying about the load in the tail stock.
Tom got back to me he will have the TVS on hand next week, he said the pallet is only 90" long, so he will get me physical measurements.

Last edited:
How big is the motor on the Doall bandsaw, can you convert that to a VFD so you don't need the RPC?

What is the tail stock diameter?

If you're asking me it's Ø50mm (1.968").

Back