I have a space problem, lathe related, New ACRA 1440 TVS

The 2.5 vs 2.06 through bore is not a good selling point?, I still have a week to decide...

Absolutely not!
Big spindle bore is the biggest scam thrust upon the American people. Lol
But seriously I have heard that the larger spindle bores are less rigid. Makes sense though.

I have been doing some research, PM has 2 1440TL lathes in transit 1 month out. I like the 2.5 spindle bore, but no VFD, it has 12 speeds, and I would have to forgo the VFD for now, I would also need to upgrade my 5hp to a 10hp RPC motor. ACRA will have the 1440 TVS in stock next week. What is a fellow supposed to do? Help....
The VFD is available user installed:eek 2::faint:
Mike,

Maybe this is in the thread somewhere, but how different is the footprint between the PM and the Acra? Is it significant?

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but why do you need the VFD if you have the RPC? The 10HP motor upgrade will probably cost a dollar or two, but for what it's worth, I have my 10HP motor sitting on the cement floor in my shop - not bolted down and it's never walked or vibrated. Been there for a few years. Maybe I'm lucky; maybe that's normal. Can you buy space by locating the motor without mounting it to holder?

Regards

I just have mine bolted to the floor, if I relocate it I can try it without bolting. The PM is quoted at 89", and ACRA is showing the same

I can’t contribute squat to the conversation…but I am curious… Is this a hobby for you or you use it for business?

I just have mine bolted to the floor, if I relocate it I can try it without bolting. The PM is quoted at 89", and ACRA is showing the same
The ACRA's sounding better and better.

Okay... so a 1440TVS Precision Variable Speed Gap Bed Engine Lathe...because you will regret not getting it...
And a shed for her gardening tools and supplies.

Awesome. Post photos!!!

Meh….. condo…. vs. machine shop…..
I don’t think you’ll get unbiased advice on that one!!!

Just let @mmcmdl and I know if we need to ship you sheds!!! HA!

Back