I have made the decision to CNC it!

what is the length and depth of the arc for that length?
steve

Steve,

Maybe we should visit the ogive angle, it might help me resolve the other issues that I am having and also I want to draw a rounded edge on the front bottom of the pic as well.

draw a line the length you want the arc. draw a line up from the center of that line distance you want the arc to go, then adjust the radius of your arc to fit. click on pic to enlarge the image
i'm sure there is another way but i could do it this way.
steve

DSCF0531.JPG

Thanks Steve,

I will investigate that.. get back to ya.. I will prob lay down here in a bit, I usually am up about 330 or so in the morning.. will look at it then over coffee.

I know that I still have a bit to work out and learn.. it will eventually come to me.

Steve,

I guess what I am going to have to do is, draw each aspect of a part as it's own seperate entity, tell the machine to do that function, then pull up the next function and do that.. doing these arcs are kicking my butt. Part of the problem is that I want air outside on a lot of it, not air inside and I am not getting that option. When I make these parts, I already know that I will more than likely have a couple of jigs made to hold the part where I want them and just make one aspect of the part at a time. That other stuff that I did is easy, but for me, arcs are a pain!

the 3d thing is going to mess you up. dont worry about the z depth, you set depth of cut in the cam software. draw the sides of your part that get machining. to round a corner, ungroup everything, then holding down the control key select each line you want the corners rounded on with the left mouse button. at the top select "line" "corner" type in a radius, select inside, outside or both and hit enter.
to try this select to draw a square and draw one any size. click on the square to highlight it " make it red " then at the top select "line" " corner" set radius, "outside" and hit enter.
steve

Ok, lets use these numbers to start Steve.

top view .250, .325, 1.025. On each corner I put a .0625 radius corner. This put a rounded edge on the long lines of the part. Now I want to round the part that has not been rounded as seeing it from the front view to the back. On the top, a .0625 radius corners and on the bottom I want to point it up to a .0625 radius point.

Back