I have made the decision to CNC it!

Ten Four on the USB thingy.. I will skip the smooth stepper then. As for other things that will be connected to the computer, no, I have no plans for any of that other stuff to be attached to it.. I am going to skim this one down to the bare essense of what is need to operate the mill and that is about it. As I have said, once I get the Virtual XP Mode finally on the machine, I do not plan on ever taking it out of that mode.

Well more funds came in yesterday, I didn't get a chance to see about ordering anything yesterday, I was delayed to other biz.

The CNC Fusion kit is 625.00
motors and controllers 279.00 plus 99 bucks shipping
UC100 129.00 bucks
Power supply 49.00 bucks
breakout board 7 bucks
If I remember right, Steve says that I need a female to female connector for the UC100 and I don't remember how much that thing is.
I am still waiting on the Windows 7 Pro to arrive.
I am going to use the D2nc as well and that is 79 bucks.

I feel like I am forgetting something.

Ok.. motors, controllers, breakout board, female to female connector have been ordered.. will order the mounting kit tomorrow..

My steppers, power supply and control board arrived today. Time to start building ... and start a new thread.

I found the 4 wire shield wire at lowes but i had to buy the whole roll (500') but it is listed on ebay and thats where i got it for my mill. check page 1 of my build thread i think it is there. if not i will look in my bookmarks.
steve

here it is
shield wire 100' ebay 160632659191 $100.00
steve

sheild%20wire%20ebay%20160632659191.jpg

Steve, what wire gauge is that? It looks like some I've had from a local wholesaler. Almost anything should do, though. My motors are rated at 2 amps.

that is 18 gauge stranded 4 wire with a shield
steve

Back