I have made the decision to CNC it!

Well I ordered the pendant..

Getting used to the software.. slowly but surely.. I am looking forward to be up and running soon!

Well I thought that I was getting the motors and controllers.. read the wrong email I guess.. no love on them.. but the brown truck did leave me today the CNCFusion mounting kit.. so later this evening, I will be putting all of that on the mill and putting it back together.. so that it will be ready for the motors and such when they get there.. If I find my camera, I will post some picks..

Ok.. motor mounts and the ball screws are in place.. took a bit to get the Z axis mounted.. the screws didn't line up and I had to change it a lil to make it work.. Today the motors and the controllers arrived.. just in time. There are a couple of things that I still need to get.. wiring for one.. and a parallel port cable to go from the computer to the break out board. I would give you pics, but I have put my camera somewhere where I can not seem to remember where I put it! I have spent most of the day today running back and forth between the house and Home Depot or Tractor Supply, I live like 2 miles away from Home Depot and 1 mile from Tractor Supply..

Doc

It's true. In the summer time, I can get exercise just walking, but most times I ride my bike..

Yes I did.. I have a habit of laying something down and then forgetting where the heck I put it.. I do it with my glasses most of the time.. because I don't usually wear them around the house.

I am still awaiting the arrival of the power supply.. don't have an idea when that will be here.. gotta order some wire.. recon I will do that today..

There are a couple of things that I still need to get.. wiring for one.. and a parallel port cable to go from the computer to the break out board.

You may already be aware of this, but a word of advice about the parallel port cable - make sure you get one with ALL the 25 wires in place. Not all PP cables are created equal, especially ones called "printer" cables. You can spend a huge amount of time chasing your tail if some of the wires in the cable are missing or crossed.

If you need a source, I got mine from here - the price was reasonable and they tested the whole thing. Also, you can read more about my DIY CNC machine here if curious.

If you already have the right cable, then never mind! :))

You're gonna have a ball with it!

Back