I have made the decision to CNC it!

Steve, now that you mention that.. I notice it now.. ha! Well, I guess I could do that.. But where I have it mounted right now actually brings it closer to the computer that it will be attached to.

CJ,, I have in there the one that Steve told me to get..

Steve,

I was playing with the eMachineShop, when I exported the file in dxf to save the file, when I brought it up in D2nc, I had double of everything.

Doc

Oh and another thing.. I don't need the Java script on the XP machine that will be running the Mach3 will I?

Last edited:
In emachineshop when you export to dxf look on the right side of the export screen and shut off all the extra views and stuff
then it will only export the drawing.
I dont know of a reason to need java script
steve

Ten four.. understand that now.. the problem is trying to stay with the KISS system!

I tried to set up a file I'd drawn a couple of years ago in D2nc. It is for a side cover for my VT750C, with Honda engraved across the middle. No matter what I did, the outside of the 'O' was missing. I went to the D2nc site and found that ellipses are not supported by that program.

By experimenting, I found that I can get really close by drawing horizontal and vertical axes in the middle of a rectangle of the desired ellipse dimensions, then crossing the intersection with lines 30[SUP]o[/SUP] from the horizontal axis in all four quadrants. Using the Arc function, lines drawn from the angled intersections and centred where the vertical and and horizontal axes meet the rectangle are very close to the desired ellipse. Arcs are supported by D2nc and, because they meet at their endpoints, they are seen as one object in D2nc.

When it comes to arcs, I can't help but think that the writers of such programs could do it the easy way. You have point A and point B, the ends of the arc, then point C being the apex of the arc. Connecting the three points would make the arc. It seems that software writers want to make things complicated. When in reality, it just seems that CAD programs could be done to be more user friendly.. at least that is the way I see it.

I know that in time, I will have to learn some program that is a lil stronger over D2nc, but for now at least, it is sinking in, for the things that I am wanting to do, it would be better to just go one facet of the projected part at a time. Seperate the operations and then do them in a series and not chained together.

This is something that I to wrap my head around last night.. it just took me a while to let the simple sink in.

Steve,

Tomorrow the wire should arrive, I have to pick up a rocker on/off switch. I will be ready to try to wire some of this up when the wire gets here. The power supply still has not arrived yet.

Doc

The wire arrived.. I will be getting into it here in a bit. Even though the power supply is not here. We could start to wire up some of the other stuff and go ahead and get that out of the way..

Gonna take a nap then head out for the rocker switch that I will need.

Forgot to get the srink wrap.. but I have a rocker switch for the on and off for the controller box power. I am going to cut some of the wire to length and solder the ends and have that ready.. I will need to know some about wiring up the box and the breakout board to the controllers.. I want to go ahead and get that out of the way.

Back