I have made the decision to CNC it!

Ok, I had bought a switch just like MGP had in his thread on his X2 thread. I installed a power plug to accept a power cord from the wall. I wired it like this.

Pin 1: From the switch to the 48v power supply.
Pin 2: From the power plug to the on/off switch.
Pin 3: From the neutral of the power plug to the on/off switch, then to the neutral of the 48v power supply.

Installed a 5 inch cooling fan. It is a 115vac fan and is a solid metal case instead of a plastic case..

The original power supply that Steve suggested to get arrived yesterday, totally damaged. The seller has refused to reemburse the cost, it is unusable. So now I will have to file a claim. It is a good thing that I had ordered another one.. we found out that the first one that I ordered is, ummmm, the wrong one. I was going to keep it for a future project.

SANY0429_zpse6a3113a.jpg

SANY0429_zpse6a3113a.jpg

I forgot to add that the female to female connector arrived yesterday. One side fits good, the other side doesn't seem to want to fit at all..

if you cant get it to work and this is what you need pm me and i will send it to you. I have 3 and only need two. it was also kind of a tight fit bet it worked.

Lanham

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

if your having trouble fitting it to the breakout board loosen the bolts that hold the metal shield and try again
steve

I think that I have it fixed now.. the one side fit the breakout board perfectly Steve, it was the other side.. I had to take a file to get it to fit something.. I believe that it will work now..

On another note, I found a 6 foot USB cable at WalMart this evening.. I guess I will go that route for the 5v power supply.

Doc

Looks like shipping isn't his strong suite. I hope your new supply arrives soon.

What kind of damage is there on the 'spare'? If it isn't totally mangled, it might not be too hard to get it ready for the storage shelf.

Well the other one that I have ordered has not arrived yet.. originally, it is due on or before the 24th, but I would say that it will arrive sometime after Christmas.. I hope that it will arrive intact.

As for the one that I recieved damaged, not sure if anything on the inside is really damaged yet, but the case was bent pretty good. But if that is all that is wrong with it, might be able to fix that problem.. I am going to save it for the mill project when I am ready for that, which hopefully will be something next spring.

On another note, I still have to order a UC100, I keep forgetting that thing.. I need to check what I have left on the card for this project and see if I can go ahead and order it. They run 129.00

the usb 5v will work fine doc, your not really powering anything ... but just sensing voltage
make sure you use a volt/ohm meter to check everything before powering up
steve

Steve,

Will do.. still waiting on the other power supply to arrive.. hopefully today or on Monday. Just will have to wait and see.

Doc

Back