I have made the decision to CNC it!

Steve,

What are the normally closed terminals? Where should I connect the other wire after connecting one to the pin 10?

If your mushroom (stop) switch only has one set of terminals, they are probably N.C. (conducting when not 'activated') If there are two sets, you'll have to use an ohm meter or other conductivity tester to determine which are N.O or N.C. (Or just read the notations on the switch.)

The switch will commonly connect pin 10 to ground when in it's normal state. When operated (emergency stop), it will break the circuit, allowing pin 10 to go high and telling the computer to shut the program down.

Are you talking about the ground that I have on the chassey of the box or the ground pin that is on the breakout board?

a ground terminal on the breakout board.
merry christmas
steve

Ok, it is time to do a review of what we have done so far asto the wiring of the control box.

First, I did one thing backwards, but I decided to keep that format so that things would remain the same on the main power wires.
White is neutral, Black is the load or “hot”.
So the power plug, wired the black wire to pin 2 on the switch, then pin 1 on the switch to the load input on the power supply.
Neutral from the power plug to pin 3 on the switch, then from pin 3 to the neutral input on the power supply.
I checked continuity from each point to ensure that when the switch is activated, that the off position there would not be any continuity between the switch and the power supply.
The Ground wire from the power plug is connected to the chassy of the box.
Connected the neutral from the 48v negative to the negative on the X axis controller and jumped to Y axis and the from the Y axis to the Zaxis.
Connected the load from the 48v positive to the positive ofthe X axis and repeated the same steps as with the neutral wire, connecting to the positive points on the controllers.
The Ground pin on the power supply is connected to the chassy of the box.
On the motor controllers I connected a red wire that will be attached to the USB cable for the 5v input to the controllers in the following manner.
Lead in wire to the X axis Pull+ (5v) and jumped to the Dir+(5v)
Jumped from the X axis Dir+ (5v) to the Y axis Pull+ (5v)
Jumped from the Y axis Pull+ (5v) to the Y axis Dir+ (5v)
Jumped from the Y axis Dir+ (5v) to the Z axis Pull+ (5v)
Jumped from the Z axis Pull+ (5v) to the Z axis Dir+ (5v)

From the breakout board pin 2 to the X axis Pull- pin
From the breakout board pin 3 to the X axis Dir- pin
From the breakout board pin 4 to the Y axis Pull- pin
From the breakout board pin 5 to the Y axis Dir- pin
From the breakout board pin 6 to the Z axis Pull- pin
From the breakout board pin 7 to the Z axis Dir- pin

The Emergency Stop switch is connected to Pin 10 and the Ground on the breakout board.

The 18/4 shielded wire with outer ground wrap is connected in the following
From the each axis controller to it’s appropriate motor
Black wire from the A+ pin on the controller to the black wire on the motor.
Green wire from the A- pin on the controller to the green wire on the motor.
Red wire from the B+ pin on the controller to the red wire on the motor.
White wire from the B- pin on the controller to the blue wire on the motor.
The outer ground wrap were jumped together and connected tothe ground on the chassy. This wire will not be connected to the frame of the motor.
I have not connected the USB wire yet to the 5v lead in wire to the controllers.. That is all I have left to do. Which wire gets connected to the red 5v input wire to the hot side of the controllers?

without seeing your usb and checking it myself with a volt meter i cannot tell you the wires to use.
you will have to locate the 5v+ and 5v- wires with a volt meter
everything else i read seems to be ok
steve

I have been away for a while, wrapped up in some other things.. Ok, when setting up Mach3, under ports and pins, determining the port that I am going to be using, since the UC100 is from what I understand, a USBto 28 pin connector, I can presume that instead of using port 1, that I will be using port 2. Under the Device Mgr, do I use I have 5 listings.

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller – 2658

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller – 2659

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller – 265A

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller – 265B

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller – 265C

Which one do I choose to put into the ports and pins dialogueto correctly get the USB talking to the breakout board?

no uc100 goes out to a db25 connector
you set up mach3 for port one as normal and get everything working
then install the uc100 and it does all the required changes
steve

Back