I have to be doing something stupid

The keying pin in the R8 socket on a Grizzly G0755 is simply a set screw. The screw had slowly worked it way in to the point where it was too proud to permit any R8 tooling to be inserted.

I removed the OEM set screw and replaced it with a dog point socket head cap screw of a length that presented the correct amount of stick out of the key when the screw was fully seated. Problem solved.

The keying pin in the R8 socket on a Grizzly G0755 is simply a set screw. The screw had slowly worked it way in to the point where it was too proud to permit any R8 tooling to be inserted.

I removed the OEM set screw and replaced it with a dog point socket head cap screw of a length that presented the correct amount of stick out of the key when the screw was fully seated. Problem solved.
That's what it is on the 833T as well. There's and instruction that it can get in the way by being too far in and I thought I had backed it all the way as the resistance got fairly heavy. Only looking up inside could I see that it was still too far. Part of it too was being a newb and not knowing just how far the collet goes in.

This thread is a perfect example of the value of a forum like this one: the problem was stated,respectfully addressed by knowledgeable parties, and resolved in short order!

Back