[Documentation] I have uploaded an Excel sheet that gives you the target dimension when using 3 wire for threads

GaryK

In Memory
Rest In Peace
This is an excel spread sheet used to calculate the target measurement you are after when using the 3 wire method of checking threads.

It's in the reference section.

It's pretty self explanatory.

I would find this very useful, but I can't find it. I don't see the "reference" section in the forum, and the search function doesn't turn it up.

A little help please.

Thanks!! I tried to look there but I don't have enough 'karma' to view it. Your direct link worked perfectly, though. Thanks for the quick response.

My thread wires are in the mail, so I was just using some wire I had around the shop. It was .061 rather than the .055 recommended in the table, but the spreadsheet was very easy to use and confirms I'm close.

It's not real critical right now, I'm trying work on my skills by making some joke bolts for my brother. 5/8-11, double lead, left and right hand. I'll make the nuts to fit the bolts, but when I get my wires in the mail this will be very useful for real projects. The left hand threads were nice, as I was threading away from the chuck. The right hand ones were nerve wracking.

Back