I JUST CAN'T WIN

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
The last year has been a bad year and I am about ready to just give up.
It started with the surgery to install a spinal cord stimulator. A month later, I get a staff infection on my spine at the site of the incision. This created another surgery to remove the device and clean out the infection. This then lays me up for two months with a PIC line and antibiotics by IV twice a day and a nurse coming daily to pack the open incision until it closes. Meanwhile I'm not aloud to do anything. This took three months of my life I can't get back. Then two months later, I get violently sick and spend a whole month in bed until they finally figured out I had contracted C-diff infection, most likely from the massive doses of Vancomycin to kill the staff infection weakening my ability to fight it.. So I have to take another antibiotic to kill that infection. Next for two months I am too exhausted to function. They attribute this to the C-DIFF infection and I am given large doses of vitamins by injection every day for two weeks to counteract the exhaustion.
After this I am finally feeling half decent and can get back to living and trying to get into my shop.
Then my favorite dog dies from congestive heart failure about a week ago.
Well ...... the doctor called today. They do a yearly CT scan to check my ascending aortic aneurysm which they did last Friday. It seems my aneurysm has grown. It was stable for the last 9 years but is now getting worse. I have to go talk to the vascular surgeon about options and when and if intervention is required. The surgery to replace the aortic arch that comes from the heart is risky and dangerous at best. The mortality rate is poor.

Seems I can't catch a break this year. The only thing that keeps me going is, I can look around and there is always someone worse off than me. I will keep plugging away and hope to beat this too. God's will will be done either way.

Hang in there, buddy. It will all come pass.

You kind of remind me of my older brother, whom I've been visiting every other day. On the 22nd of last month he had a heart attack, they did 5 bypass, after he got out of CCU, he had a mild strole, back to CCU he went. A couple of days getting out of CCU for the 2nd time, he passed out. They had to get out some stones.

Now he is back in the regular room getting ready for rehab. The guy is so scared to go home that something else would happen and he might not make it to the hospital.

He is still on rehab for knee replacement when he had a heart attack.

Yesterday I was jokingly telling him that the big Guy up above is picking on him because He knows he can take it...

In my younger years I was under the belief, that all doctors knew doctor stuff. Now in my golden years, I now know that not all doctors know doctor stuff. And it was a personal lesson learned the hard way with bad advice and surgery from certain doctors. I now question doctors. Please get well and with a good doctor(s)…Dave

Carful now mark my dad had a ascending aortic aneurysm they fixed but in the process he had to get a Ct scan , they used a iodine die that killed his kidney so he had to be on dialysis the rest of his life
Beware of iodine dyes

Mark... Prayers and Best Wishes headed your way...
As they say, "This too shall pass."

Bill W.

Back