I Just ordered the Kool-Mist system

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I am really looking forward to using it. You guys in a basement, when using tap magic, don’t you get smoked out?
That stuff hurts my lungs.
I am hoping the mister has less offensive emissions.
What do you use as a misting product?
Thanks

I'm using kool-mist 77 in a cheap mister. It works well and doesn't smoke etc.. I got a small bottle of it to try from LMS.

What do you mean by , “a cheap mister”?
Probably a dumb question but there it is.

There was a thread a while back about them. Direct from China. I think it was about $15.

Oops, it is the Noga mini cool from Travers

Last edited:
That concentrated fluid has got to be better than what I am currently using. While performing a milling operation or turning on the lathe, all I have is tap magic or light oil. It stinks, it is smoky etc.
When I watch these wonderful, talented machinists on YouTube in their basements using the same method I am, it would drive me out of the basement,.
I look forward to saving my tools, getting a better finish and not making a mess with a flood system.
The misting option seems like a win win to me.

I run a koolmist system with no problems, but some folks say it puts a fog in the air , search fog buster

I need to do more searching before I post. You are correct, there is plenty on this forum about the misting systems. Bob had a good idea, for the cost of the cheap China misters you could have one for each machine.
I went with the Noga because of the magnetic base. Easily moveable from machine to machine.
Fog buster is not for me. Flood type are way too messy.

Fog buster isn't flood. It is like a mister with out the mist in the are. It is a micro drop system.

Back