I Just ordered the Kool-Mist system

I use Pentek water filter housings. Prefer the short ones but 10" ones hold more fluid of course. eBay and Amazon lists lots of them

Thanks, GinStC, definitely gives me another option. I have a bottle for a 'drip' system but not sure I'll keep it yet so I appreciate the info!

Last edited:
I used two sizes,a 5" and a 10" both from Pentek but I find the 10" with 3/8" thread the best size for this project, the 5" had 1/4" NPT inlet/outlet but does not have the pressure relief valve and bracket:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003JMRJ6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0014C06XE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use 20 psi for air and ~ 2psi pressure for the coolant/kool mist, this was a very rewarding DIY project .

Thanks, Ken, definitely gives me another option. I have a bottle for a 'drip' system but not sure I'll keep it yet so I appreciate the info!

I finally used my new Noga base kool mist system.
Very versatile and portable, this should help with finish quality and tool life.

The misters like you see on ebay do not need a pump to mist ,they use what's called Venturi effect to suck the diluted lubricant from a bottle to the mister's nozzle, the more elaborate misters like Noga or even some of the homemade ones do use compressed air to pressurize the lubricant container/canister to do the same job but more efficiently.

May have to keep the mister idea in the back of my head for the future.

My application is a bit different, I slot 303 Stainless Steel 3/8" deep all the way through 1 1/2" OD X 3/4" ID tubing. It is .062 wide. I don't have 3 hands and needed a way to lube the slotting saw and blow chips out. I use a Noga mister with a drip oiler dripping cutting oil into the outlet line.Works well but it is a little messy. The water based fluids do not seem to work well in this heavy duty application, I need the best lubrication I can get. Black cutting oil seems to work the best.

Back