I know where I want to go for a vacation now

Twenty-three years ago, on her first full day in the US from the UK, I took my future bride on a "get to know Wisconsin" tour. Dor a last stop, I asked her if she would rather tour a winery or a junkyard. She told me she had been to lots of wineries in Europe and she didn't think a Wisconsin winery would compare so she chose the junkyard.

The junkyard in question was at the Delaney's salvage operation across from the Badger Ammunition plant east of Baraboo, In the back of salvage operation was a park of several acres devoted to the metal sculptures of Tom Every, aka Dr. Evermore. I knew Tom from his association with a good friend of mine and was always amazed at his ability to see the whimsical and sometimes bizarre in a piece of junk.

We spent over a hour viewing all the creations,including the Forevertron which was the centerpiece. My future bribe got into a discussion with Tom about some claims that he made about his British heritage and picked my bride's stomping ground as a setting, at which he was outed. Before we departed, he gave my bride a 3' x 4' pencil sketch of the Forevertron, which was done to support a proposal for a theme park somewhere in Wisconsin. That sketch hangs in our upstairs stairway.
Forevermore 2_01.JPG

Oh my God! That gives me tingles just looking at it! I SERIOUSLY am going there when flying becomes less frowned upon.

Oh my God! That gives me tingles just looking at it! I SERIOUSLY am going there when flying becomes less frowned upon.
You can watch the episode on demand. Season one, episode #4 Roadkill Junk Yard Gold on xfinity on demand.

I see some episodes online, but not this one.

That is so cool. Have to add that to the bucket list!
Richard

It would be cool to see in person if I didn’t come back covered in ticks.

This hits me in the same spot as seeing a once nice machine tool mouldering out in the weather somewhere. To each his own and I enjoy a junkyard as much as the next guy but not my cup’a tea.

Back