I need 20 but only have 16 !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Story of my life , always coming up short . :rolleyes:

Long story short , I owned a Kubota with 26hp at the engine and 20 at the pto . I used it for a while and sold the thing . 2 weeks later I kicked myself in the butt for selling it , and went out and bought the identical baby brother tractor . 21 hp at the engine and 16 at the pto .

I'm looking at a 3 point stump grinder which they state requires a minimum 20 hp at the pto . I don't want to risk bustin up my smaller tractor even though the grinder is equipped with an adjustable slip clutch . I've been scourering the internet and I think I have finally found a 27 hp Bota with low hours at a decent price . Hope to hear from him tonight and make a road trip tomorrow . :encourage:

Good luck. Kubota sure makes a nice product. Not sure what I would do without my little B2410. That thing just takes a beating and keeps on going. Going on 20 years now. The only way you could get me to sell mine is if I could talk my wife into a bigger one, mostly for PTO HP.

On the other hand, for stumps I just rent a small to mid sized excavator and dig them out. I'm doing that this week actually. I think I've done 30 or so 12"+/- alder stumps so far. Kind of lost count. I rented a Kubota '057 this time out. Works like a dream. I guess orange is my color. Even got my wife to dig out a stump with it.

The Kubota resides in the garage while the cars and trucks reside in the grass . :big grin: My first was a B7610 and now I have a B7510 . Just not enough PTO power for what I want to do .

Here you go. Silver top 20 valve (5 valves per cylinder) version of the 4A-GE 16 valve. Oh wait, sorry us city boys don't know what tractors & power take offs are. :D

dsc09092_copy_.jpg

The first time I used my new Mitsubishi D1850 w/ backhoe to take out a stump, being new to backhoes, I was impressed that it only took me a few hours longer than if I had done it by hand.

Back