I need a 5/8" tool holder for my Sherline Mill?

Thanks for the kind words.

Techniks collets aren't cheap. Their 18 piece set is a good one and some crazy retailers think they're made of gold. The best price for new ones is near $200.00, such as this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techniks-ER...852537&hash=item1c739c5d8f:g:FxkAAOSwA3dYEKrl

You can find used ones for less but have a care if you need Imperial collets. Some sellers just say ER collets and don't tell you they're metric. Most of the tooling we use in the US will be Imperial so that is what I would recommend. These collets are expensive but with a good nut and when tightened down correctly, they are quite accurate. This leads to better finishes, finer tolerances in your cuts and longer tool life. For me, spending money on good collets is the cheapest way to go.

Hope this helps.

I think I see now.... so are you using the beal collet chuck to hold the techniks collets then? (Techniks doesn't appear to make an er32 chuck to fit either a #1 morse or 3/4"-16 thread... unless i am totally lost...)

Last edited:
I think I see now.... so are you using the beal collet chuck to hold the techniks collets then? (Techniks doesn't appear to make an er32 chuck to fit either a #1 morse or 3/4"-16 thread... unless i am totally lost...)

Yes, I use the collet in the Beall chuck. Works good.

Back