• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

I Need A Hero...i Mean A Mentor. Houston Tx

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

100LL

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have some good machine shop experience but find myself lacking in some areas that I've now started to get into.
I kind of need a mentor to coach me some and share some experience as I can feel a lot of mistakes are destined for me without one.

I have a lathe almost ready to go, just trying to get the QCTP mounted right. I also have a good grinder. I have a mill that should arrive in the coming months.
Now I just need someone to straighten me out as I get easily confused :)

Houston Texas, west side of town. Energy corridor, basically I-10 and Beltway 8.

4GSR

Iron
Former Member
I know a young man over in the Spring Branch area that may be able to help you out a little. He goes college right now, may not be available until the weekends. He hangs out on the Practical Machinist forum. Too far for me to come help or I would help you out. Another source is the Home Shop Machinists club there in Houston. Its made up of lots of people from the Houston area. They meet once a month on your end of town. Be worth attending.

100LL

thanks Ken, i'll look around for info on the houston club, that's probably a really smart way to go.

100LL

Thanks Randy, doing that now

[6]
[5] [7]