I need help

Nelson,

It is obviously a very discouraging and emotional time for you.

I had hoped you would not take the replies too negatively.
I don't think anyone here is trying to "kick you when you're down".
They are just trying to provide the best advice they have, but much of it is likely not first hand.
It is hard to truly put yourself in the shoes of someone else.
Especially since we all have different histories and expectations.

You are in a tough spot and people are just trying to offer options.

If we were closer I would be first to organize a roofing party. I would bring my compressor, nailer, air hoses, ladders, etc.
I'd even try to enlist a few others to help.

I hope you get what you need.
-brino

By the way, that link you provided to "GoFundMe" is asking for login credentials.... is that normal?
I have given on the site before, but do NOT recall seeing that......maybe you posted the wrong link?

One other thought. A local company here in Washington takes requests for one free roof per quarter. Generally friends or acquaintances nominate a deserving family that is having it rough and that are in dire need a roof. Maybe there is a local company that has a similar program near you?

Your local village or county has programs just for these cases. I think it’s been said already. They allow one time emergency funds if you meet the qualifications which it sounds like you do.
Maybe try and barter your skills for the tree trimming?
Liquidate something to get your roof repaired. Sounds like your insurance inspected your roof and found it to be In need of repair and the tree is a hazard to the home? That doesn’t happen overnight and it’s to protect your investment. I don’t think saying Americans are selfish is what’s wrong,maybe the drive and ambition of some Americans to better themselves has fallen??? I wish you luck!

Hi All,

Based on Nelson's name, picture and description, here is the proper link:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/z2ag6-help-me-save-my-home

-brino
Your local village or county has programs just for these cases. I think it’s been said already. They allow one time emergency funds if you meet the qualifications which it sounds like you do.
Maybe try and barter your skills for the tree trimming?
Liquidate something to get your roof repaired. Sounds like your insurance inspected your roof and found it to be In need of repair and the tree is a hazard to the home? That doesn’t happen overnight and it’s to protect your investment. I don’t think saying Americans are selfish is what’s wrong,maybe the drive and ambition of some Americans to better themselves has fallen??? I wish you luck!

Cadillac
I was upset at the time, sometimes hearing the truth is too hard to accept. I went down this road needing money years ago and refinanced my home and well I do not want to go that road again. If everything was not needing attention now, I could more than likely get by but when it is all at one time I thought with a little help from my friends and acquaintances I might be able to work it out. I apologize to anyone I might have offended and wish no one goes down this lonely street. Too many people are standing on street corners today and I am not going to be one of them. Thanks for putting up with my rants. Good-Day

Back