I need prayers and support for my family...

Brain Coral

Active User
Registered
Hello all,

My dear mother has been suffering from Alzhiemer's disease for some time now and has been in a care home for the last 3 years. This morning I recieved a phone call from the care home that she has come to the point of not being able to eat or swallow and has become unresponsive, for the most part. At this stage, paliative care is the next step.

My father and I drove out to see her and it was very difficult, as you can imagine. The wonderful staff at this facility stopped by to console us and sit on my mom's bed to stroke her head and talk to her. I can't say enough about the awesome staff... such caring and kind people, every one...

It was so hard to see my father break down... they've been married 58 years.... she is such a wonderful soul and a kind person and mother. I don't ask for prayers for her, other than to go in peace.

I ask for prayers for my family to give us strength as we go forward in this process, for my father in particular.

Brian

Hello all,

My dear mother has been suffering from Alzhiemer's disease for some time now and has been in a care home for the last 3 years. This morning I recieved a phone call from the care home that she has come to the point of not being able to eat or swallow and has become unresponsive, for the most part. At this stage, paliative care is the next step.

My father and I drove out to see her and it was very difficult, as you can imagine. The wonderful staff at this facility stopped by to console us and sit on my mom's bed to stroke her head and talk to her. I can't say enough about the awesome staff... such caring and kind people, every one...

It was so hard to see my father break down... they've been married 58 years.... she is such a wonderful soul and a kind person and mother. I don't ask for prayers for her, other than to go in peace.

I ask for prayers for my family to give us strength as we go forward in this process, for my father in particular.

Brian

You have my prayers. Stay strong. You're not alone.

I'm sending healing energy for you entire family and your dad, When a loved one is so sick and in her situation the staff and you minister will be a great help in the times to come. I hope she passes peacefully with her family all there to wish her well on her next trip and adventure.

Bob

Hi Brian,
You have my prayers. Stay strong.

Kia kaha my friend,

Rangikea.

Brian, my friend, I feel the pain. we went thru this with both my Mom and my Dad. It is not an easy thing to do. Sophie and I will pray for you and your family. God bless you and yours.

"Billy G"

Hello all,

Brian
Brian,

I understand what you and your family is going through. My Father suffered with Alzheimer's disease as well. My Mother kept him home supposedly less confusing to him. Sounds like you found a caring home for your Mother.

Praying your family be given strength and peace in the days to come.

You have my thoughts & prayers. I can't imagine how it is for your Mom, but I know it's hell for the family.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Brian. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for your family. Be strong for them.

Back