• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

I need prayers and support for my family...

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Brain Coral

Active User
Hello all,

My dear mother has been suffering from Alzhiemer's disease for some time now and has been in a care home for the last 3 years. This morning I recieved a phone call from the care home that she has come to the point of not being able to eat or swallow and has become unresponsive, for the most part. At this stage, paliative care is the next step.

My father and I drove out to see her and it was very difficult, as you can imagine. The wonderful staff at this facility stopped by to console us and sit on my mom's bed to stroke her head and talk to her. I can't say enough about the awesome staff... such caring and kind people, every one...

It was so hard to see my father break down... they've been married 58 years.... she is such a wonderful soul and a kind person and mother. I don't ask for prayers for her, other than to go in peace.

I ask for prayers for my family to give us strength as we go forward in this process, for my father in particular.

Brian

EmilioG

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Hello all,

My dear mother has been suffering from Alzhiemer's disease for some time now and has been in a care home for the last 3 years. This morning I recieved a phone call from the care home that she has come to the point of not being able to eat or swallow and has become unresponsive, for the most part. At this stage, paliative care is the next step.

My father and I drove out to see her and it was very difficult, as you can imagine. The wonderful staff at this facility stopped by to console us and sit on my mom's bed to stroke her head and talk to her. I can't say enough about the awesome staff... such caring and kind people, every one...

It was so hard to see my father break down... they've been married 58 years.... she is such a wonderful soul and a kind person and mother. I don't ask for prayers for her, other than to go in peace.

I ask for prayers for my family to give us strength as we go forward in this process, for my father in particular.

Brian

You have my prayers. Stay strong. You're not alone.

Rbeckett

Brass
Rest In Peace
I'm sending healing energy for you entire family and your dad, When a loved one is so sick and in her situation the staff and you minister will be a great help in the times to come. I hope she passes peacefully with her family all there to wish her well on her next trip and adventure.

Bob

Rangikea

Swarf
Registered Member
Hi Brian,
You have my prayers. Stay strong.

Kia kaha my friend,

Rangikea.

Bill Gruby

Iron
Former Member
Brian, my friend, I feel the pain. we went thru this with both my Mom and my Dad. It is not an easy thing to do. Sophie and I will pray for you and your family. God bless you and yours.

"Billy G"

Bill C.

Active User
Hello all,

Brian
Brian,

I understand what you and your family is going through. My Father suffered with Alzheimer's disease as well. My Mother kept him home supposedly less confusing to him. Sounds like you found a caring home for your Mother.

Praying your family be given strength and peace in the days to come.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
May you all find peace in a difficult time.

mike

Mark in Indiana

Active User
You have my thoughts & prayers. I can't imagine how it is for your Mom, but I know it's hell for the family.

lethal6

Swarf
Registered Member
Praying for you and your family.

Terry Werm

Titanium
Former Member
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Brian. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for your family. Be strong for them.

Ykon

Swarf
Registered Member
My prayers are with you and yours.

kiwisaffa

Swarf
Registered Member
You have my thoughts and prayers Stay strong,
kiwisaffa

churchjw

Active User
I will keep you in my thoughts.

fgduncan

Active User
I'm so sorry to hear this. If there is any consolation at all, it has to be that she is not suffering any more.

stejac

Swarf
Registered Member
Brian ...

All our prayers and best wishes go to you and your family ...

I know what you are going through ... I went throught the same with both my parents back in May ... its not easy but you will mend ..

Good Luck best wishes ...

Steve

jocat54

Active User
Prayers for your mom and all your family.

It is a terrible disease---lost my mother to it and it is tough road.

Dave Smith

Active User
Brian---our prayers for peace and healing in your family---Dave and Norma

Wireaddict

Active User
Along with all the others who replied, I'm praying for you, your mother & dad. This, too shall pass; hang in there!

Brain Coral

Active User
Good morning all :)

Thank you so very much for all of your prayers, kind words and support. It means a lot to me and my family.

Alzhiemer's disease is certainly a cruel disease and is so hard on the family, but one thing that I've learned about it is that, in spite of my mom losing her ability to communicate and seeming to not be "present", I could sometimes get through to her. She loves "The Sound of Music" and could sing and hit all of the notes much like Julie Andrews. So, a few weeks ago, I sang "Adelweiss" to her. Even though you could pass your hand right in front of her face with no reaction whatsoever, and absolutely no response to any questions or other stimuli, she began to cry softly.

So, if any of you out there are going through this with a loved one, keep communicating with that person and don't discuss things in front of them, as if they can't hear. On Saturday evening, the doctor came in to assess my mom and began to tell us what we can expect to happen, pyisically, to her, right in front of my mom. I stopped her and asked if we could speak in private about it. I didn't chastise the Dr. about it but explained that just because she has no responses, she still has her hearing and is still conscious deep inside.

My mother is now in a private room and seems to be resting comfortably.

God bless you all...

Brian

Wes

Swarf
Registered Member
Can only imagine your pain, my friend. I've lost my father this year to this.
Prayers sent. Stay strong, have faith. Good Lord will comfort you. He always does.

Cheers,

Wes

mcostello

Active User
The Lord reigns, in good times and bad.

Brain Coral

Active User
Thanks again, for all of your support and prayers,

My mom passed away this afternoon at 4:00. She was surrounded by her family and had excellent care from the staff to keep her comfortable. I am grateful that she went fast and didn't suffer.

God bless you...

Brian

mark_f

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
I pray for you and your family in this time of need for comfort.

Mark

Wireaddict

Active User
Thanks for letting us know, Brian, her problems are over now & she'll awake in a much safer & happier world.

bcriner

Swarf
Registered Member
I am praying for you and your family. Thank you Lord for already answering prayer concerning your mom.

[6]
[5] [7]