I need prayers and support for my family...

I'm so sorry to hear this. If there is any consolation at all, it has to be that she is not suffering any more.

Brian ...

All our prayers and best wishes go to you and your family ...

I know what you are going through ... I went throught the same with both my parents back in May ... its not easy but you will mend ..

Good Luck best wishes ...

Steve

Prayers for your mom and all your family.

It is a terrible disease---lost my mother to it and it is tough road.

Brian---our prayers for peace and healing in your family---Dave and Norma

Along with all the others who replied, I'm praying for you, your mother & dad. This, too shall pass; hang in there!

Good morning all :)

Thank you so very much for all of your prayers, kind words and support. It means a lot to me and my family.

Alzhiemer's disease is certainly a cruel disease and is so hard on the family, but one thing that I've learned about it is that, in spite of my mom losing her ability to communicate and seeming to not be "present", I could sometimes get through to her. She loves "The Sound of Music" and could sing and hit all of the notes much like Julie Andrews. So, a few weeks ago, I sang "Adelweiss" to her. Even though you could pass your hand right in front of her face with no reaction whatsoever, and absolutely no response to any questions or other stimuli, she began to cry softly.

So, if any of you out there are going through this with a loved one, keep communicating with that person and don't discuss things in front of them, as if they can't hear. On Saturday evening, the doctor came in to assess my mom and began to tell us what we can expect to happen, pyisically, to her, right in front of my mom. I stopped her and asked if we could speak in private about it. I didn't chastise the Dr. about it but explained that just because she has no responses, she still has her hearing and is still conscious deep inside.

My mother is now in a private room and seems to be resting comfortably.

God bless you all...

Brian

Can only imagine your pain, my friend. I've lost my father this year to this.
Prayers sent. Stay strong, have faith. Good Lord will comfort you. He always does.

Cheers,

Wes

Back