I need some help

nettleton23

Registered
Registered
I have found a 1960 K. Martin KM 230 and I have never seen or heard of one so I need some help. I have found information on the little brother/sister but nothing on this model.

I have a Martin DLZ 502. Built in 1957. Wonderful lathe. I did a quick google search and didn't come up with anything much either on KM230
Martin W

Is this a machine you are looking to purchase?
Cheers
Martin

There are at least two for sale in Tennessee and Idaho. German made from the '60's it can't be junk unless someone turned it into junk. Quite a bit on Google about them.

There are at least two for sale in Tennessee and Idaho. German made from the '60's it can't be junk unless someone turned it into junk. Quite a bit on Google about them.
I googled it and I couldn't find much on this model but what I did find was the exact same machine for sale in Tennessee from a long time ago. Here is the link http://www.timcoinc.com/equipment/view/217. and I will upload a picture of the one I seen. Compare the two.

IMG_1846.jpg

Hi
Looks very similar to my DLZ 502. Mine is a 10 hp and is a 20" swing with 84" centres. I run mine on a rotary phase converter with no problems.
Martin lathes have hardened ways , a oil pump that pumps oil through the gearbox. It has a sight glass like a sediment bowl to see that the oil is splashing.
They are very stout lathes. Fairly low speed thou. Mine is 16-750 rpm. Has a MT-5 taper in the tail stock and a D1-8 cam lock chuck.
You won't be disappointed if its not trashed.
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi
Looks very similar to my DLZ 502. Mine is a 10 hp and is a 20" swing with 84" centres. I run mine on a rotary phase converter with no problems.
Martin lathes have hardened ways , a oil pump that pumps oil through the gearbox. It has a sight glass like a sediment bowl to see that the oil is splashing.
They are very stout lathes. Fairly low speed thou. Mine is 16-750 rpm. Has a MT-5 taper in the tail stock and a D1-8 cam lock chuck.
You won't be disappointed if its not trashed.
Cheers
Martin

The one I seen may have some where around 9 or 10 foot bed and a top speed of 1000 RPM. It does have a D1 cam lock.

Will probably weigh 8-10 thousand pounds
Cheers
Martin

Back