I need your help for my Drilling and Milling Jet-16

That would be great if you could still do it!
I can also order the part in the US but including shipping and customs, it would cost me over $ 200.

If I had the exact dimensions, I could have it milled with a CNC machine, that would be a lot cheaper.

Sorry for the delay , all work and no play :)

The table on my mill is 58cm x 19cm

All the measurements on the sketch were done with a ruler.

The ends are rough cut , the taper side is a mill finish , slide side has a flake finish on a ground surface. I think it's made from cast iron. (fairly sure)

let me know if you need anything else.

That would be great if you could still do it!
I can also order the part in the US but including shipping and customs, it would cost me over $ 200.

If I had the exact dimensions, I could have it milled with a CNC machine, that would be a lot cheaper.

You might be able to find it as a spare from a European suppler as the generic mills are all very similar.

Stu.
DrawingCrop.jpg
gibAndScrew.jpg
screw-Gib-Small.jpg

great thank you!
I'm going to ask if someone can make me something like that.

Hi Daniel, you could take the width (height) dimension from your machine, also you could slip drill bits into the gap to get a roughly accurate idea of the thickness dimensions of the ends of the gib and compare with Stu's measurements
-Mark

Hi Daniel, you could take the width (height) dimension from your machine, also you could slip drill bits into the gap to get a roughly accurate idea of the thickness dimensions of the ends of the gib and compare with Stu's measurements
-Mark

The taper is probably different between mills so should be checked, I can imagine using a dial indicator with the table off to measure this perhaps.

Stu

Sorry do you mean the taper ? or the thickness ?

or the distance between the parallel sides (top and bottom) ?

Stu

Hi Stu

Referring to your sketch, top to bottom (parallel flats). You kindly went to the trouble of giving measurements, I just wanted to make sure to include it for future references. Generally gib widths for that size table way are approx. 19 to 25mm
Also the width diagonally from point to point would give an indication of how wide of bar stock needed prior to cutting the angles. :)

Back