I picked up a new toy yesterday.

I have one of those "Stackers". 2000# lift. It has a starter motor that runs off a truck motor. I keep it for taking very heavy stuff off of a tractor trailer. I measured one truck,and it was 55 inches high up to the truck bed. They are standard I guess,for fitting loading docks. The stacker will lift EL MUCHO higher than that !

I had to saw 12" off of mine to pass it under the garage door. At least it will get a heavy object down closer to the ground. After that,there's a pallet factory across the street. They jumped at my offer of $50.00 to take a lathe off a truck.

While I haven't used them yet,if they are closed,I can at least get a heavy object off a truck and put a tarp over it till the fork lift can be available. The stacker has small casters,and I'm not expecting it to roll under a load!

Is that a toe jack on steroids?......

No toe jack. Might not be a good idea to try lifting something HEAVY with just the TIP of a fork!!:) I have an old railroad jack that has a useful toe on it. But it's toe is not over 2" long. Only a 3 ton jack,but large enough to lift one end of my 16" Grizzly lathe when installing pad feet.

Those old Simplex railroad Jack's are awesome. Well worth a $100 from a fleemarket. After all, they are near $2K new. Face it, farm Jack's are dangerous.

HGR had a bunch of them , $69.99 for 1,000 lb lift and $99.99 for the 2,000 lb . Some have power propelled wheels to move itself and load. We have one at the shop next door.

Sweet, We are always looking for something to "lift" with. Hauling the HF Gantry around the dang land is getting OLD OLD OLD!!! But I want something like this: 11images.jpg :) something fun!!

Last edited:
Very cool, very useful but doesn't take up much shop space. Although...I have a friend who thinks track hoes are the Swiss Army knife for moving anything. Need your big lathe set on the back wall of your shop, from outside, track hoe. Rotate all the tires on your truck, at the same time, track hoe. Paint the second story of your house, well you get the gist. I am fairly convinced world peace and curing cancer is on his list of possible uses.

Back