I really like this little light.

My lights arrived today, Super impressed with them. Ordered two more for my sweetie's sewing machine :)

My lights arrived today, Super impressed with them. Ordered two more for my sweetie's sewing machine :)
My wife loves me for getting her one. Vast improvement over little light on the sewing machine.

My wife loves me for getting her one. Vast improvement over little light on the sewing machine.
I mentioned they were for sewing machines and she just looked at me... :)

Her sewing machine is the destination for at least on of the second pair :)
i don’t know if you know this but they have stick on disks for plastic cased sewing machines included so the magnetic base can stick on non metallic surfaces. I didn’t realize that till much later…DOH!

i don’t know if you know this but they have stick on disks for plastic cased sewing machines included so the magnetic base can stick on non metallic surfaces. I didn’t realize that till much later…DOH!
Oh crap, I better double check the packaging!

LOL! I remember thinking, WTH are these? Luckily I remembered where I put them and saved the day many months later.

Last edited:
My theory is that if after many years the light does not seem as bright, I will give it to the kids and buy a new one.

I mentioned they were for sewing machines and she just looked at me... :)
So has she tried one yet? The other boon for my SO was getting one of those jewelers goggles with flip down magnifiers. That’s what made her so grateful she sewed up all my machine covers. When I think back I bought her the whole setup. New sewing machine, great toolbox for all her stuff the goggles and light. Once we get some of the house renovations done we’re (she with my help) going to tackle a new cover for the patio umbrella. I love having a seamstress to work with and she loves that she can do something I can’t.

It would seem I’m not the only one who didn’t understand what the shiny disks in the little baggie were? Really came in handy for when I mounted the lights on my aluminum sided powder coat booth. Besides the brilliant light I love the small head as old bulb lights and their covers blocked my view.

I'm the "seamster" in our family. My mother taught me how to use a sewing machine when I was about 7 or 8. It became very useful when Frostline began producing backpacking equipment kits in the 70s. I bought my own machine in '78, just about the time I went to work for Fred. It was an old, heavy, cast-iron Necchi that no one wanted because it wouldn't embroider duckies and dutch boys. It was exactly what I was looking for. Wood, metal, fabric, it's all the same to me. I have acquired the skills I need to make the things my mind creates. It was just too perfect when my wife gave me this tee shirt.

Sewing with Fire.jpg

Back