I scored a sweet deal

I can't get the mill video to work but here are the before and after.

Attachments

• 20191207_170334.jpg
    20191207_170334.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 269
  • 20191207_165851.jpg
    20191207_165851.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 295
The smallest drill chuck looks like it is an Albrecht. If so, do a search on the part number and see how much they go for new... The large Jacobs ball bearing Super Chuck is also quite expensive to buy new. You did very well, price wise, and also got a very usable group of machines, tooling, and tools that you will enjoy for decades.

It is an Albrecht Bob, and man they do not give those away do they. The Jacob's chuck is worth some good money and turns very true.
Albrecht chucks are quite expensive, and worth every penny.

If your Jacobs chuck says "Hartford" on it, those were the best ones Jacobs ever built. The newer ones are from offshore, and while the are good chucks, they are only a shadow of the Hartford ones.

Albrecht chucks are quite expensive, and worth every penny.

If your Jacobs chuck says "Hartford" on it, those were the best ones Jacobs ever built. The newer ones are from offshore, and while the are good chucks, they are only a shadow of the Hartford ones.
It is a Hartford made one Bob.

I think you did great. Heck, even with having bigger machines one day, that setup would be ideal if you had space to convert a second bedroom or study into an indoor workshop/ electronics workroom.
I’m not there yet but have given thought to turning a small attic storage room into an indoor workroom where I could work on those finer projects such as the electrical aspects of my tinkering stuff. Put my 618 Atlas up there...etc...
That said, for 1400.00 bucks you really did make a nice score. Congratulations!!!

I was perusing facebook market place the other day and ran across a steal of a deal.
Fully modified central machinery mill and lathe, delta drill press, the boxes butcherblock top, and lots of collets tooling and measuring tools. I did some horse trading and got it all for the equivalent of 1400 bucks.View attachment 307317View attachment 307318View attachment 307319View attachment 307320View attachment 307321View attachment 307322View attachment 307323View attachment 307324
Very very very very..............did I say VERY nice score? Congrats and enjoy

Back