I think an ebay seller may be trying to rip me off, could use some help.

shooter123456

Registered
Registered
I bought some bearings on ebay and the seller is claiming they are SKF 7007 CDGP4A which are Abec 7 and rated for 36,000 rpm, but the ones I received are marked MRC 107 KR06 which are marked Abec 1 and their spec sheet says they are Abec 1 and rated for 13,000 RPM max.

The seller is insisting that they are Abec 7 and I got the right bearings, so before I go through ebay for a refund, is there any chance he isn't lying to me and I am missing something? I can't imagine a manufacturer marking Abec 7s as Abec 1s and getting the other markings wrong too.

85gh0wK.jpg

PLICZmo.jpg

good luck getting your money back. The etched characters using a hand held engraver indicate that is a used bearing. No new bearing would have that. I think you were sent a returned bearing of the seller stiffed you.

good luck getting your money back. The etched characters using a hand held engraver indicate that is a used bearing. No new bearing would have that. I think you were sent a returned bearing of the seller stiffed you.
Thank you for the insight. I wasn't sure what those numbers were for. I am not worried about it, ebays buyer protection is excellent and I can always do a chargeback.

Check out his feed back and see if others are having similar problems

Check out his feed back and see if others are having similar problems
87 positive feedback and only 1 negative. Could have been a mistake, but I don't know why he would insist they were the correct bearings when I sent a picture showing the Abec 1 marking. They sent a return packing slip and the bearings are being sent back for a refund.

One of the great things about eBay is their buyer protection.
Yea, it has made me buy quite a few things that were questionable, because each time it hasn't worked out, eBay steps in and gives the buyer what they want (be it a return or a refund). I have gotten a few things that were questionable in the ad but turned out to be fantastic deals because of it.

Back