I think I missed a good one

Lots of accessories? but no pics. Generally that means not much at all. I agree, seems a bit pricey.

It was $900. Agree on no accessories pic.

You didn't miss much. That is a very basic machine. Of course, compared to nothing - it would be great. Compared about any lathe in that size, it is not out standing. There are plenty more "fish in the sea".

There are always more out there. Keep looking and when you least expect it the right lathe at the right price will show up . Rule number one is so be impatient. Rule number two make sure all the tooling is there . Tooling can be more than the lathe. We are all too happy to see you spend your money,but spend it wisely.. We as a group are great enablers.

I look for used with a PM being my other option. No rush.

$900 is kind of the high end on those, it is basically a Grizzly G4000 which are regularly $1450 and occasionally go on sale for less.

I have an Enco like that one. Normally they seem to go for $500-1000, I found mine locally for $300 but it had no tooling, just a 3 jaw chuck.
Really not a bad little lathe, they are very popular with hobbyists and there are tons user mods out there to make them better. That was the main reason I was interested, I thought it would be a fun project improving it.

Yours will come , I’ve seen a lot of craigslist ads that pained me to hear I missed them especially when your still looking for a first machine but like it’s been said above the right one will show up at the right time

Back