I want a new toy

Also,
I know of a local guy who has a tricked our bench Burke Horizontal.
I think she has all the vintage OEM bells and whistles, DH, vise, arbors, etc, looks like she was never used.
Someday he is planning to wiper her down and list her somewhere. Someday...
I think he'd sell her "as-is" at much less.

I wonder if we could set up a HM rucking process to get her to you?
I'm serious about this suggestion. That is if a bench horizontal might work for you.
She's small enough that lifting an moving, even in smaller vehicles wouldn't be impossible....
If you might be interested I'll get more data on what exactly she is. And will work with other HM to get her moving your direction.
I will not participate in price negotiations or a money transaction. I would not profit from this machine.

Daryl
MN

Yes, they went cheap as long as you were able to pick up during their pick up window in rural MN on a Friday.
I'd have one of them in my shop if I could have managed the pick up times.

Daryl
MN

I stopped bidding on them because the thing that I really wanted, the motorized grinding fixture, started to get above where I really wanted to be. Was going to use it for an end mill sharpener that I plan on building. I'm retired (young) so the timing would have not been a problem, I just got lazy and did not feel like driving 2.5+hours each way. I have thought about you during these auctions and wondered if I was bidding against you. :O

The Westhoff Horiz drill is a little light for my desires. Don't know anything about the Burke. Sounds like I might have to sell off part of my future for it. Not very flush today...

I have thought about you during these auctions and wondered if I was bidding against you. :O

We will have to compare notes on the auction in March. Unwritten rule is that if others in our little local auction gang know that you are bidding for personal use, then no one competes. However, if you are buying something with the intention of resale, then anything goes.

Daryl
MN

some of the nicest are Italian made...
Cerutti ABC 55 is my dream.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 1.23.23 π.μ..jpg

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 1.23.32 π.μ..jpg

San Rocco also...
1419787855SanRocco.jpg

Still a bit big for my shop. Italian machines are pretty nice. I ran a Maserati plain mill in school. She was a sweetheart.

Back