I Want an 8" Digital Caliper....

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Should it ever happen to me. With this day and age being electronic might as well go digital. Mitutoyo cause the battery will last. :big grin:

(Pic from IG)
20200821_135046.jpg

Wonder if he wore safety glasses. Also, who picked the chips out of his sweater. On the plus side, good inspirational photo of what you can still do with a handicap. Or, if I was a smart *ss, would have said something like, he said, "Honey, I'd give my right arm for a nice lathe!"

Bruce

My old man used crutches. His leg was too weak, and too short from polio. I don't think such a device would have helped him.

I think possibly he's demonstrating the correct way to check the workpiece (with the machine stopped)....

He might have found that out the hard way and wanted to make a point.

I don't think the calipers are attached though, just being held by the hook. You can do an awful lot with those though, the guy who first taught me to sail was missing an arm from a rock crusher accident at the quarry he worked at. It was a YMCA trip around the San Juan Islands, we tried to beat a storm coming back from Victoria B.C. and didn't quite make it. At the worst point it was just me and him on deck, everyone else was down below scared out of their minds. Captain Bob got us back safely though:encourage:

John

Last edited:
I regularly use that tool in the same manner, quite handy.

Last edited:
His employer must be a real hardass. I've heard about these guys who would lose an arm in an accident, and be right back at the machine the next day working it with the other hand. He should have at least had some paid convalescent leave.

Back