I want to buy my last pair of safety glasses

Poly lenses have a coating on the for scratches. If you buff them you remove the coating and then thay scratch verry easey. Alcohol is about the only thing that won't degrade them. Put thay arethe safest lenses to use. Glass safty lenses are good just have to be more carfull with them

I lose mine so often that I'm a long way from buying my last pair.

There's a bunch of them around here somewhere.:confusion:

Regards.

Bob

I've had good luck with Uvex lasting for 7 years of home shop use. These days, I just keep 4 pair of the cheapest glasses that are suitable for my needs around.

Cleaning them, I just use soap, hot water and a very soft cloth.

You bring back the memories of the safety glasses provided to us in shop class in the 70s. Horn rimmed, wire side shields and weighed a ton.

At least in Indiana you can still get glass lenses they generally take longer to get and might cost more. I have had glass for several years myself, I continue to get them because the grinding dust at work kills the plastic lenses!

You can buy an allfull lot of $1.00 safty glasses for the cost of glass. And thay are safer.

I'm tired of these plastic safety glasses getting fogged and scratched over time. A while ago I had a normal pair of glasses with glass lenses, and could let them rattle all over the dash of the truck without a scratch, and could always clean them. I've seen glass lensed safety glasses a long time ago. Do they still make such things? How's the impact ratings?

I don't think any of them are shatterproof, you have to read the fine print on them. And when I used a face-shield but it would cloud up too. I used regular safety glasses before I had to use prescription glass. I had used a plastic one in front of the glasses. I tried cheap plastic goggles but the band kept stretching.

In either case definity need side shields.

I also wear Glasses and need them to see what I am doing, I was doing the wearing the one pair over the other, but now think I need a proper set that are designed to go over normal glasses or something, A sliver got in my eyebrow then fell down into my eye recently. Also decided maybe I should wear a cap while doing work. At this point I will try even the cheap ones if it will do the job, If anyone knows of some good ones that you can wear over my glasses. Let me know. I normally have to pay over 200 even after insurance for my glasses, and that gets expensive if I mess them up, and I have.

I lose mine so often that I'm a long way from buying my last pair.

There's a bunch of them around here somewhere.:confusion:

Regards.

Bob

Hah hah Bob!

I also would like nice glasses, but can't keep a pair in the same place twice, so I keep a cheap pair hanging on every machine. I still have times I Chaz's find one!

Bernie

Bernie

My cousin was blinded in his one good eye a couple of months ago. He was born with no sight in his left eye. He was uncoupling a hose from from his Craftsman compressor and it broke loose, striking him and smashed his right eye. I now won't even drive a nail without safety glasses on and usually buy a pair every time I am in Lowe's or the Home Despot.

I can pretty much tell you where every tool, bit, or punch I own is but can't seem to keep to keep track of my safety glasses. I find them in my truck, one my desk, dresser, or anywhere else I've stopped to write something or talk on the phone. My wife tells me that I am getting to where I am lucky to find my butt with both hands.

Regards.

Bob

Back