I want to BUY once and CRY once

"I have also since retired due to a medical condition"

That means you have more time to spend with the new toys. :D

Check found its way to Matt this morning. Bank told my wife it would be a 90 day wait if I needed to stop payment. Was delivered first to an address that was not even close...go figure.

Learned my lesson and no more bank checks sent thru the post office, will try and wire funds from now on if possible.

"I have also since retired due to a medical condition"

That means you have more time to spend with the new toys. :D

Very true. However, now I am always in the search for "money". But yes, I am fortunate enough that the medical condition is not life threatening and I certainly am enjoying my new toys.... ermmm, tools.

Last edited:
I was forced into early retirement because no one wants to hire a 60+ year old engineering manager. The high-tech industry has always been rife with ageism. But no one can 'prove' it. :rolleyes:

So I too am finding myself with much more time on my hands, and significantly less money with which to enjoy said time. I don't think I've been below the poverty line income-wise since I was a teenager. Yikes.

Yes the post office finally delivered it, but I never knew that about a cashier's check. The bank would not stop payment on it, even though it was delivered to the wrong address the first time. (But I checked out the envelope, I do not think it was even delivered the first time as it said online, it was not signed for before that I could see, so I think maybe they just scanned it early and showed delivered, but it was not here yet)
I will have to remember that, Ill advise people not to send a cashiers check anymore. I never knew that.

And hey Bill, I would hire you in a minute haha :)

While I do like the Steelers and Big Ben, I don't think this old boy could take those winters any more. I don't think my machines would like it either. LOL :D

We get below 40 here at night sometimes during the 'winter' and that is just downright cold!

So ...... now that the mess has been sorted out, do you have an anticipated delivery date? And don't forget to post pics.

Back