I was given what looks like is part of a drill sharpener Jig.

Ed ke6bnl

Registered
Registered
This is most likely used to sharpen drill bits there is no name on it but if someone knows what brand it is I would like to find out what is missing and how it works.

Attachments

• 2019-04-17 12.32.18.jpg
    2019-04-17 12.32.18.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 2019-04-17 12.32.08.jpg
    2019-04-17 12.32.08.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 2019-04-17 12.31.59.jpg
    2019-04-17 12.31.59.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 2019-04-17 12.31.52.jpg
    2019-04-17 12.31.52.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 64
Looks like a nice piece of kit. I don't know anything about that specific one, but on my Craftsman there is an adjustable stop on the end of the long rod to set the length of the bit to be sharpened, I don't see on on yours. Stu

That indeed is what it is, yes, it does need an end stop.

Parts of that look like a Lisle 91000, but not all of it.

Looks a bit like the up market ones,

Which are very similar n function to the cheep ones.

I have a retro version of the cheep one that works well and a modern version that doesn't work at all, the only thing I can see different is a slightly different angle in the base.

Any one has any thoughts on that ?

Stu

Thanks guys you got it. It is exactly the sharpener holder from the Lisle 91009 less the motor and base. It did have the diamond truing attachment that I was not sure went with this tool except for the color. I will try to contact the fellow that gave it to me to see if he has the motor and base, I just finish a big machining job for him as a freebie so it would be nice to get the rest of the set up if he has it. I not I cant see why I could not make my own mount for the unit to one of my grinders.
ps found the instructions on the tools use and setup. https://www.lislecorp.com/media/documents/91000_Drill_Grinder_Instructions_0CECFEC7086BD.pdf

Last edited:
I'm laughing at myself now...I knew it looked a lot like my Lisle, but I didn't realize it wasn't oriented correctly in your photos.

When I bought my Lisle several months ago, there were several Lisle parts machines on Ebay. Most of them were just missing the part YOU have. Might be worth a look. Keep in mind, even used those Lisle grinders are a bit pricey.

Here's one that looks to be in pretty good shape:

I'm laughing at myself now...I knew it looked a lot like my Lisle, but I didn't realize it wasn't oriented correctly in your photos.

When I bought my Lisle several months ago, there were several Lisle parts machines on Ebay. Most of them were just missing the part YOU have. Might be worth a look. Keep in mind, even used those Lisle grinders are a bit pricey.

Here's one that looks to be in pretty good shape:

yes, most are missing the parts I have, I text the guy I got it from and he does not have the motor/grinder portion. Hard for me to justify spending nearly $300 for the grinder portion, may try to mount it to a grinder I have and see if I can get it to work. $100 would be a different story. Thanks for the link.

You could always try making an offer

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

You could always try making an offer

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
I gave that a thought, don't think those motor grinders have a big value without the part I have. I may do that.

Back