I will be selling a DIY TouchDRO Kit again

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Good part of the day,
By [persistent] popular demand, I will start selling a DIY adapter kit in a few weeks (here are the details: DIY TouchDRO Kit). It's basically a DIY version of the adapter for iGaging and/or Shahe capacitive scales. I have the kist ready to ship already but still need to write-up assembly instructions, etc. Before letting them loose I would like to have a few people go through the build process and give me some feedback (i.e. if there are things that need to be clarified, etc.).
The kit will sell for $48 ($40 + $8 for USPS Priority shipping). If anyone is interested to be a beta tester for the build (and get the kit for $10 less), please let me know in the next few days.
Regards
Yuriy

P.S. I'm also working on a kit for Glass/Magnetic scales, but that is still a month or so out.

Hi Yuriy,

I bought one of your kits for the iGaging scales a couple of years ago and love it. I'm ready to do DROs for my lathe. I'd like to try and Beta your new kit on my milling machine and move the old one to the lathe. I see the new board has a connection for the tach as well. I have a tach on my mill but never could get it to work before this would be something I'd like to see working.

Thanks for your consideration.
George Chambers

Hello Yuriy
If you are going to do the same with your glass/magnetic kit, I’m in. I’ll be watching.

Jeff

Cool! I'm game for test driving both diy kits. I'll put glass on my mill, igaging on my lathe

I am planning to do a glass scales build on my lathe. I would be interested to do beta with that kits if you do a beta on them.

I would love to build your beta kit for igaging scales. I installed the scales on my RF 31 a few months ago with the intention of adding your TouchDRO later.

Hi Yuriy,

I bought one of your kits for the iGaging scales a couple of years ago and love it. I'm ready to do DROs for my lathe. I'd like to try and Beta your new kit on my milling machine and move the old one to the lathe. I see the new board has a connection for the tach as well. I have a tach on my mill but never could get it to work before this would be something I'd like to see working.

Thanks for your consideration.
George Chambers

George,
The kit ships with V 2.0 of the firmware. One of the biggest changes is the tach functionality. It can deal with very low pulses no (down to 1-2 pulses per second) and all the way to thousands of pulses. Overall the tach works a lot better now.
Regards
Yuriy

I am planning to do a glass scales build on my lathe. I would be interested to do beta with that kits if you do a beta on them.
I will have that in a few weeks (depending on how many times I need to revise the PCB. I will definitely want to have the kit Beta-tested.

Cool. I will post a link to the ordering page tomorrow or Monday.
Thank you

Thanks a lot for the reply Yuriy. How do I go about getting the kit from you? Should I contact you at your website?

Regards
George

Back