I would love something like this to be my next project !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Having most of the materials , the trailer , saws , property , etc etc etc , this has really inspired me . I've looked at quite a few youtubes over the past 2 years , but this has to be one of the best ever ! :drool: I'm saving this so I won't lose it .

What would you do with it?
Looks heavy.
It would be fun to design an aluminum frame and build to suit your own design.
With the explosion of the Transit type vans these days, a lot of people are creating their own interiors.
There is probably plenty of light but sturdy materials to be had for your design.

Believe it or not, The Community Development Department of the town closest to us (San Luis Obispo) "... recently updated its Zoning Regulations which included provisions for Tiny Homes on Wheels in the backyard of on a site with an owner-occupied single-family residence..."

So now you can add a granny unit to your backyard for $20K

The countless NIMBY's -- in addition to myriads of state and local building regulations -- has resulted in a tremendous shortage of affordable homes in San Luis Obisbo.

So what do we do? Make building a proper home affordable by addressing the root cause of the issue? Not in California.

Tents will be next.

Unless you plan to drag this thing around small single wide manufactured homes or park model RV's would give more you room and all the comforts of home. If you plan to move it frequently you can't beat a 5th wheel RV. Used ones can be had for a fraction of the cost to build your own tiny home on wheels. That said I really like tiny homes. Having had big fancy homes in the past and then living on a sailboat for 10 years was a real eye opener on how little you need to be comfortable. I am back to dirt dweller mode now while I take care of my elderly 101 year old mom. I can't believe all of the stuff that I have acquired in the last 5 years. I could seriously live in a tent if I had a large shop next to the tent for all my newly acquired tools and machinery. What do you really need? A place to SS&S, cook, sleep and a comfy place to sit with good lighting to read by. Some day I will be back to a tiny place. Maybe something like this place in Atascadero. https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...-Ave_Atascadero_CA_93422_M29912-67155?view=qv A little pricey for an over size garage with living quarters above but you get the idea.

I think HGTV needs a new show, tiny machine shop living! That is a machine shop, right?

10 days in the woods . No computer , no tv , just camp coffee and grill cooked food . The bugs were out in force . Black flies , deer flies , mosquitos all ate good ! We did a loop of Adirondack Park and ended up in Old Forge NY for the day which was a cool little town . ( and of course , the zero turn mower broke down once again , and the truck caught fire , and I blew the front wheel off the Kubota FEL , and my neighbors 2 shelties have been lost in the mountains since the 4rth . But , the kids , the wife and finally me made it home in one piece . We did look at large sheds up there that could be turned into a mini house also , but like the idea of using the trailer as a starting point .

Hope all has been well with everyone .
:)

Back