ID this ratchet?

Superburban

Registered
Registered
I picked up this at a yard sale yesterday, and have been trying every word combination for a google search that I can think of.

There is no markings at all. The handle is reminiscent of once having a rubber or plastic handle, but it seems too old for that sort of thing. There are three holes, the two end ones go all the way through, the center is only drilled about 1/8" or so. The interesting feature, is the end. There is a set screw that goes through the handle sideways. And the very end has a hard metal insert (Tested with a file). Its a 1/2".

Any thoughts, hints, or better yet, an a name would be appreciated. Thanks.

SAM_0803.jpgSAM_0821.jpgSAM_0822.jpgSAM_0815.jpgSAM_0819.jpg

Torque wrench looks like it. And to think I spent a few hours with Mr Googles invention last night.

Thanks for saving me from myself.

US06722235-20040420-D00004.png

US06722235-20040420-D00005.png

Being that I'm a wood worker as well I would polish it up and make a wooden cover for the handle and then just use it as a 1/2" wrench. Epoxy the wood to the handle and then shape and sand to suit your grip. ebony and chrome would look nice, plus ebony is very hard.

When I bought it, it looked like a ratchet that had lost the handle some how. The quality looked too good to be a new ratchet, with a rubber handle, but I could not think of what else it could be. I bought it thinking it would be neat to make it with a combination of wood, and metal, to match the heavy duty screwdrivers I have a few of. Not my pic, but one to show the idea of what I was thinking.

05r0103_1_12_1.jpg

As we were hitting the yard sales the other day, I commented to the wife that I will need to find an old tool cabinet to restore, just to hold all the unusual tools I have collected. She thought it was a neat idea. :cheerful:

I have a bunch of female drive ratchets, and even a Snap on, 9/32 drive ratchet, that is still in the cosmoline. I opened it up to see what was in it, but have not mustered up the time/energy to clean it all up, so I just wrapped it back up.

Being that I'm a wood worker as well I would polish it up and make a wooden cover for the handle and then just use it as a 1/2" wrench. Epoxy the wood to the handle and then shape and sand to suit your grip. ebony and chrome would look nice, plus ebony is very hard.

Walnut and Tru-oil, for sure.

Back