Ideas for easy and cheap chip guard for mill ?

Cardboard and tape! LOL Sometimes I just hold a little piece of particle board as a deflector :)
I wish I had a system to grab the chips before they hit the floor and send them into space somewhere
-Mark

IMG_9054.JPG
IMG_9055.JPG

clear plastic would have been better for the moveable vise shield, but it's not hard to flip it out of the way to get a better look. The rest are bits of alu or stainless with hard drive magnets screwed onto a piece of angle. Table covers are cookie trays with a piece of wood screwed to the bottom to fit a slot.

current state after doing a couple of projects, this'll only take a few minutes to clean up when I'm done
IMG_0204.JPG

View attachment 363494
View attachment 363495

clear plastic would have been better for the moveable vise shield, but it's not hard to flip it out of the way to get a better look. The rest are bits of alu or stainless with hard drive magnets screwed onto a piece of angle. Table covers are cookie trays with a piece of wood screwed to the bottom to fit a slot.

current state after doing a couple of projects, this'll only take a few minutes to clean up when I'm done
View attachment 363496
Thanks Matt , very nice use of supplies !

you're welcome! Just what I had lying around, though I always save HDD magnets out of principle.

from old HDDs that no longer work or ones I find at the scrap yard

Back