Ideas garage shop space benches heat and lighting

Ok, I'll bite. How have I improved my garage/shop area. I had a 3 day give away of tools and stuff to clear room in one bay for present projects.
Sold off a 10" delta/Rockwell cabinet saw, 13" planar, 8" jointer, a couple mig welders, old fixtures and tooling.

Good to see you still plugging thru mark. Winter is nearing an end here. Been cleaning up the shop, organizing things, clearing the property, mending fences and getting ready to pour some concrete for a slab for a shed designed to offload tools and equipment from the shop space.

Think windows and skylines mark. Best thing I did to the shop. To much lite is never bad!

Good day all! Time to chime in again with some progress. I Decided to go and have a look this time doing fluids on the lathe for no particular reason just having it a year and half thinking if there was an issue i d see and if not covers won t be coming off again unless needed. Thinking I could get a gasket but no, they don't use a gasket anymore so I had to use a sealant and being up here in Canada in the winter I had to keep the shop warm for a few days for the casting to get up to temp. so I figured I d take advantage and get some painting done as it would save me the sanding of the grime since the wood was still recent. Added a corner shelf as well
Used a flat grey which looks good with the Eisen (tremclad) and a Varnish for the wood. A product alot of fisherman use out here chosen for it s durability. Forms a hard Resin base if you let it cure between coats. Had it on my grinder table over a year and doing knives I use an aluminum Oxide paste and general grime from the shop could be left on for weeks. Wipe it off and looks almost like the days you were done. I like wood for my climate but must be dry. I think it helps draw the moisture out of the steel and also in winter metal holds that cold IMO. Two coats of paint and four of the Varnish.
I also added a light. What a deal! One thing I needed was some light on the other side of my spindles. Works a treat. For sure! Will definetly help checking those bores and setup on the mill. It s an indoor outdoor splashproof and dustproof so,it says on the box. Motion sensor remote and all. Knowing me I ll probably just use the plug in the wall.
Wanted to get my fluids under the bench to help make room where my welder sits for a machine I want to make for the sharpening side of things.
Would love some windows and think it s about time to think about a proper secure door or maybe a double door for some wiggle room. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg