Identify a couple lathes?

the first one is a Regal Leblond, probably from the 1940s or '50s

Can't understand why anyone with a conscience would store these lathes outdoors . :dunno: At one time that Regal was a sweet lathe .

I dont see outdoors...........the first appears to be the WW2 Le Blond Regal 13x24.........great machine.....but what is the second?........raising blocks ,seems more modern .

I got more detail... the first one is a LeBlond, no data plate, probably 1950’s, 16”ish swing x 51” long. 220volt three phase.

The second is a “Standard Modern Tool Company” Ontario, Canada. 26”x30”, series 4000, model no. 41570, serial 8133. 1975.

Both are bigger than I have room for, although, I’d love to have the Leblond.

BTW, I was told they were both taken out of service and moved to outdoor (but covered) storage about a year ago. Apparently the NC Forest agency “thinks they are death machines.”

Someone should get the death sentence for allowing the LeBlond to rust like that, grrr.
I can't stand mechanical neglect. Or animal abuse, :)

Any idea how much that LeBlond weighs? It's bigger than I have room for, but I think it would be a fun restoration project. And when I'm done, I could sell it if I still don't feel it fits my space.

Back