Identify cutter type

dan97526

Registered
Registered
I was gifted an Enco mill last year, and for lack of knowledge and projects haven't evan as much as turned it on. The next time I use a milling machine will be the first time, I'm afraid. I have been doing some homework off and on, watching YouTube and reading some intro-level booklets.

I finally came up with a project for the mill and got in and started to clean it up in preparation for use. I bought a set of end mills to get me started. Turns out the ones I bought are more or less useless, but when I was cleaning the mill I found that the stand was completely full of tooling. Exciting find. Unfortunately rusted but they'll clean up.

I have been able to research what the various tools are and their uses, but I can't find a conclusive example online of what type of cutter the one in the attached picture is. Boring bar? There's a set of 12 in various sizes.

I'm sure this is pretty basic but I'll take the embarrassment in return for the knowledge.

Thanks!
Dan

20190121_194121.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a boring bar. Has it been underwater for a few years? Looks a bit crusty.

Hiding in the stand of the mill with about 4lb of rat droppings, I'm afraid. Fortunately that's the worst of it. The end mills and collets survived pretty well.

The more you use and learn you will find so many uses for your mill.
Could you post some pictures of your mill and the rest of the tooling?

Here goes. Thanks for inviting me to post pics. Please forgive the rust and general disarray. I assure you I would never let my tools get in this condition :)! Clean-up commences this weekend.

If anyone can enlighten me about the attachments I can't identify it would be much appreciated.

Mill, Enco 105?
20190122_205541.jpg
R8 collets 1/8-3/4 by 1/8:
20190122_204757.jpg
End mills, boring head, and boring bars:
20190122_204931.jpg
Fly cutters and unknown:
20190122_205039.jpg
Unknown:
20190122_205148.jpg
Vises, unknown as to the different uses:
20190122_205302.jpg

20190122_204916.jpg

With the fly cutters is a face mill. Does about the same as a fly cutter but has more teeth.

The other device is a tilting table. Might be a bit big for that mill.

242784-da5c84d04bdda1350beed7b7ebb851f8.jpg

To me, another newbie, that is an angle table(i think) i have wanted one for a while now, not that i need one, just wanted one. I have spent a lot of time building one, not the arc style, mine is going to be a t slot flat plate with a hinge and bracket type setup(if it works) Anyway that's a cool find as far as I'm concerned. Clean it up and my GUESS is endless possibilities for projects!!!!

That’s quite a gift there Dan. A mill, boring head, end mills, boring bars, vises, etc, Congrats
Might that be a face mill next to the fly cutter
Also, welcome to H-M

With the fly cutters is a face mill. Does about the same as a fly cutter but has more teeth.

The other device is a tilting table. Might be a bit big for that mill.

Damn. I knew I got it incorrect, not an angle plate but tilting table!!

Back