Identify this bearing?

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Hey all! I’m trying to rebuild a piece of equipment and all the bearings are toast. No problem finding the typical bearing and seals, but this one...not so much. It’s an open cage so I’ve already lost some of the bearings. What is this style of bearing called? I’ve searched about everything I can think of, no luck. It has a bushing/race inside (ID) and the outer race is meant to contact the bearings from that to the actual bearing inside surface of the part it sites in. Help please?!73541B78-A187-4A1E-B06E-46A35FF1FCE5.jpeg

Are you sure that the bearing wasnt so worn that the outer race Stayed when removing. I've dealt with self aligning bearing which are like what you show. Some have a single row of balls some a double row. What’s the application?

garbage.... did I win?

what did It come from? Machine tool of some kind? or something slightly accurate? If not its probably just a 6000 series bearing..... measure the ID, OD and width then do a some searching....

Yeah I’m sure. There is actually 2 of them. When you pull the shaft out, there is an enlarged area with a worm gear, I guess the point is, it pulls everything out with it. It’s a small ring and pinion

I’m surprised they also use open/unsealed bearing inside. They don’t see direct water, but the machine does use a coolant that’s 90% water...it makes its way in. It’s an industrial CNC machine made by an Italian company called MEI. It’s actually a Lamborghini of a machine in its class. This small unit was m trying to rebuild is smaller than a shoe box and they charge 6k for a rebuilt unit.

I will look for some sort of number on it, I'm guessing there isn't as there is very little surface are to put it on. I think the situation is, there is very little room for bearing/race etc.. its on a 15mm shaft that fits in a 19mm hole. The essentially need these 1mm bearing in there and there is room for very little else. We have a total of 2mm per side of shaft, that's not much room for much more that these bearings and the inside (ID) race. I'll keep you posted...for those who are interested. Any suggestions from anyone that recognizes is still welcome...

The key word in your description is "Italian". It is probably a custom bearing manufactured specifically for this machine. Even if you could order the part from the original manufacturer, it wouldn't fit without modification.

BTDT

Back