Identify this mill

Case1

Registered
Registered
This mill followed me home yesterday..
20181004_162826.jpg20181004_162817.jpg20181004_162832.jpg20181004_162810.jpg
There are no plates or markings with a manufacturer's name or type on it. Only feeds/speeds etc ( in english).
Can anyone tell me what make it is?

Thanks.
I don't think this is a Van Norman though. All pictures of Van Norman mills I've found show the manufacturers name in the casting of the ram. Mine does not.

What's that plate at the end of the upper arm? It looks like it has a name on it. Hard to make out on your photo, but it looks like it might be "Spoenwegen"???

As for the mill itself, it looks like the bed will rotate, making it a "universal" type mill. Other than that, I don't have anything to add. Good luck identifying it!

What's that plate at the end of the upper arm? It looks like it has a name on it. Hard to make out on your photo, but it looks like it might be "Spoenwegen"???

As for the mill itself, it looks like the bed will rotate, making it a "universal" type mill. Other than that, I don't have anything to add. Good luck identifying it!

Thanks for the info.

It says "Groenewegen werktuigmachines".
They are an (old) trading company based in Rotterdam (the Netherlands), not the manufacturer.

amazes me, that a company can spend so much effort in making tools, and not be proud enough to put their name all over it.

Looks like it is a horizontal machine, with the extra universal type head. I would not be surprised to find out the head is made by another company. I see a lot of features of other machines, but nothing that stands out. I agree, it looks to have a universal table (means it can be turned or rotated ). Quite an interesting machine, I would love to see more pics as you get a chance.

What collet design is the spindle set up for?

More clues?:

I can only find one powerfeed lever (red arrow). It's for the x-axis. None for y or z that I can find. Perhaps the axle (yellow arrow) has some function for that?

It also came with some extra's.
- horizontal axle2018-10-06 13.05.57.jpg20181006_125212.jpg20181006_125235.jpg20181006_125501.jpg
- Vertical support arms (one broken.
- Some gears and other small bits.
- And some attachment to turn it into a vertical shaper machine.

Back