[4]

If it's free....

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I didn"t need this but the price was right. 20171109_144353.jpg 20171109_144439.jpg

rrjohnso2000

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Far too lucky

N

Nelson

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Nice turret .

Chuck K

Active User
The best part was visiting with the fellow that gave it to me. He ran a stamping business that has been ruined by Chinese labor. His parts that he designed and made the tooling for were reverse engineered and made for pennies. He is a very talented guy. I love talking with craftsmen that are willing to explain the whole process to you. Industry in this country is just sad.

NortonDommi

Registered
Another few years and the Chinese will start calling in debt and raising prices and there will be very few tradespeople left and fewer businesses large enough to pick up the needed production locally in just about every Western nation and given Chinese investmant in India there will be control of that source of production as well.
The one glimmer of hope is the now affordable machinery for the small shop and home machinist. If a local can keep his doors open at reasonable cost I know where I would like my custom to go.

dlane

Active User
Don't like the china part though.

Cactus Farmer

Active User
Registered
Nice older second operation machine. Now if you don't have any use for that foot, I think I have the perfect application for it!

T Bredehoft

Active User
My thoughts exactly. Turn short OD, die threads, or ctr drill, drill and tap, , knurl and cut off on the cross slide.

Chuck K

Active User
I agree. It won't take much space and it will be handy to have. I did some research last night because I couldn't find a serial # in the usual spot on the way. I checked the base of the headstock this morning and there it was. #61. Now unless they started over every year, that makes this machine a very early model.

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
You really did well. Congratulations with jealous thoughts

TakeDeadAim

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Nice find, lots of uses for that size machine and as someone said; not much floor space. Lots of tooling out there for those as well. A friend of mine has several set up to do runs of small parts that he sells to a relatively small market. Nice fit for these older machines

Tony Pisano

Registered
We had two of those in the shop I used to work in. They rarely got used so I had one set up to make brass bodies for big fishing spinners. I kind of wish I had snagged one when they were sold really cheap, but got a small south bend instead, and didn't have room for 2 machines. Great little turret lathe. Good find.

[6]
[5] [7]