If it's free....

The best part was visiting with the fellow that gave it to me. He ran a stamping business that has been ruined by Chinese labor. His parts that he designed and made the tooling for were reverse engineered and made for pennies. He is a very talented guy. I love talking with craftsmen that are willing to explain the whole process to you. Industry in this country is just sad.

Another few years and the Chinese will start calling in debt and raising prices and there will be very few tradespeople left and fewer businesses large enough to pick up the needed production locally in just about every Western nation and given Chinese investmant in India there will be control of that source of production as well.
The one glimmer of hope is the now affordable machinery for the small shop and home machinist. If a local can keep his doors open at reasonable cost I know where I would like my custom to go.

Nice older second operation machine. Now if you don't have any use for that foot, I think I have the perfect application for it!

My thoughts exactly. Turn short OD, die threads, or ctr drill, drill and tap, , knurl and cut off on the cross slide.

I agree. It won't take much space and it will be handy to have. I did some research last night because I couldn't find a serial # in the usual spot on the way. I checked the base of the headstock this morning and there it was. #61. Now unless they started over every year, that makes this machine a very early model.

Back