If money was no problem, what would you get??

All I can think of is money was no problem, I'd buy a new butt because mine has a crack in it and the way it's been dragging lately I'm pretty sure I've worn a hole in it. (okay, just kidding as it was in humor, albeit poor humor)

Actually if money were no problem, I'd start a non profit organization that took "at risk" people and teach them to be machinist, welders, electricians, carpenters, etc. etc. and take jobs on for cost. I'd have a large tract of land that would have a large central classroom/shop with housing for singles and families and make it mandatory that all persons attend multiple classes on varying disciplines including home economics, managing a budget, math and other technical lessons in order to become self sufficient and productive in society. They would receive a small wage and room and board, of course drug and alcohol testing would be mandatory as well as attending certain social functions. The only caveat would be once a person becomes self sufficient, I'd ask that they help teach others for a period of time and pay it forward!

Now if only I could win a few hundred million from the lottery, because I see no other way I would become that wealthy honestly!

You could probably get a grant and do that without winning the lottery...just saying - if that's your dream - Follow it!

Money's never been 'no object' so I'd probably die of shock....
I'd find a smallish industrial unit, get some sofas and a hifi in, buy some decent used machinery (couple of lathes, mills, pillar drills, tig welder - maybe even some for that funny brown stuff they make trees out of) and open a Men's Shed, open access social centre like a Makerspace on cast-iron supplements.
At home I'd buy the place I rent and extend the workshop to fit in a Mighty Holbrook H20 for bigger stuff, a Holbrook CB8 electronic for smaller stuff (to keep my C13 cosy, family time) and a Deckel FP1 and a big universal mill with powered overarm and powered elbows n shoulders (mine are about worn out...). Might even get a Bridgeport, just for drilling ;-) A surface grinder would be nice, too!

Edit: Almost forgot, 3-phase power!
Dave H. (the other one)

Back