If money was no problem, what would you get??

I need to say that I have found out that Babin machinery in Massachusetts is PAUL BABIN,NO RELATION to the infamous ALI BABIN,who lives in Texas. Paul Babin is fine to do business. He just has the misfortune to share the same name as Ali.

All I can think of is money was no problem, I'd buy a new butt because mine has a crack in it and the way it's been dragging lately I'm pretty sure I've worn a hole in it. (okay, just kidding as it was in humor, albeit poor humor)

Actually if money were no problem, I'd start a non profit organization that took "at risk" people and teach them to be machinist, welders, electricians, carpenters, etc. etc. and take jobs on for cost. I'd have a large tract of land that would have a large central classroom/shop with housing for singles and families and make it mandatory that all persons attend multiple classes on varying disciplines including home economics, managing a budget, math and other technical lessons in order to become self sufficient and productive in society. They would receive a small wage and room and board, of course drug and alcohol testing would be mandatory as well as attending certain social functions. The only caveat would be once a person becomes self sufficient, I'd ask that they help teach others for a period of time and pay it forward!

Now if only I could win a few hundred million from the lottery, because I see no other way I would become that wealthy honestly!
. When you get
The Check, talk to the American Precision Museum; I had a big dream
When I hung around there years ago.........BLJHB

Darn! left another "like" for a three year old posting!

I'd buy me a Mori Seki CNC lathe with all of the bells and whistles and a DMG mill with all of the bell and whistles.

Now what I would do with them, I'll figure that out next.

Hmmmmm... I think I would buy a new all-terrain reach forklift, at least 10,000 LB and more tooling for the machines I already have. Then add about 5000 SqFt to my shop.

I'd certainly build a new, large, heated shop. I'd also buy some decent instruments and lots of parts and materials. I'm not sure I'd buy any new machines, though. That would take the challenge of bootstrapping out of it.

Complete climate control, radiant floor heat for the winter. 7500SQ. FT. Min.
3-phase power.
Spanking new Series II or proper clone.
A fully tooled Mori Seki CNC Machining center to complement Ken's Lathe of same.
(or eq.)
Big Arse air compressor.
Vehicle lift so that crawling under the vehicles is a thing of the past...
Set of decent tool boxes/storage right down the center. Perhaps Stanley Vidmars...
Man, the list can go on & on, limited only by one's imagination.

All I can think of is money was no problem, I'd buy a new butt because mine has a crack in it and the way it's been dragging lately I'm pretty sure I've worn a hole in it. (okay, just kidding as it was in humor, albeit poor humor)

Actually if money were no problem, I'd start a non profit organization that took "at risk" people and teach them to be machinist, welders, electricians, carpenters, etc. etc. and take jobs on for cost. I'd have a large tract of land that would have a large central classroom/shop with housing for singles and families and make it mandatory that all persons attend multiple classes on varying disciplines including home economics, managing a budget, math and other technical lessons in order to become self sufficient and productive in society. They would receive a small wage and room and board, of course drug and alcohol testing would be mandatory as well as attending certain social functions. The only caveat would be once a person becomes self sufficient, I'd ask that they help teach others for a period of time and pay it forward!

Now if only I could win a few hundred million from the lottery, because I see no other way I would become that wealthy honestly!

Best answer so far!!!

That's a d*mn fine idea! Setup a Voc Training center. Wish I'd thought of that instead of being narcissistic.
Isn't Mike Rowe doing something like that through on of his foundations?

Back