If money was no problem, what would you get??

I need that to dig up my money pit swimming pool!

Can I borrow it when you are finish with it?

That's a d*mn fine idea! Setup a Voc Training center. Wish I'd thought of that instead of being narcissistic.
Isn't Mike Rowe doing something like that through on of his foundations?
I think Jay Leno is also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd by this and show those Gold Rush clowns how to mine Klondike gold!
Ah, the maintenance and overhead would drain the budget... :grin:
Somewhere downstairs I have the specs on 'crew' requirements for different type of conveyor equipment

Darn! left another "like" for a three year old posting!

I'd buy me a Mori Seki CNC lathe with all of the bells and whistles and a DMG mill with all of the bell and whistles.

Now what I would do with them, I'll figure that out next.
Don't need both, within it's envelope the larger Breton machines will turn and mill.

For larger lathe or mill work one would still require a stand alone lathe and mill but money is no object.

Yes,copies of the Hardinge HLVH are made in Taiwan. They are also very expensive. You get what you pay for in the end. Even at the high prices the HLVH clones sell for,I doubt you'd hear a professional machinist say they are really the equal of a USA HLVH. After all,the HLVH was selling for about $65,000.00 when they quit making them.

I've found the material quality used in the Feelers is well below that found in Hardinge HLVH machines. One example comes to mind, that being cross feed lead screws. The Hardinge screw measured north of 40 RC, while the Feeler screw was just over 14 RC.

The machines Aston Martins to Yugos if you ask me!

Charlie

Back