iGAGING. how reliable?

I bought the 110 adapter for mine. Hooked up all four of the units to one adapter. Works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Pops, I was wondering if that could be done or not.............Could you show how you did it ??

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

If you skin the outer cover on the wires of both the read outs and the voltage adapter there is a red and black wire on each. Very simple: just solder all the red wires together and solder all the black wires together. A little shrink sleeving helps too.
I have four of the read outs hooked to one adapter on my milling machine and everything works as it should. I did wire in an off/on switch to the adapter so I can turn them off instead of pulling the plug every time.

I also have all my machine dro adapters wired to pilot lights that are near the door where the last light switch is that I turn off when done for the evening. That way I can easily tell if I left anything on. I also have my air compressor hooked to a pilot light too.

This sounds more mechanical than electronic, to me. I had something like this when I added a vertical quill readout to my mill, and discovered that the brackets I had built had a very slight slop in them that let them rock slightly when reversing direction. After fixing that, never been another problem. Well, batteries, of course. :)

That’s why I like the 110 adapter. You can leave them on for days and not worry about batteries.

OOPS, shoulda read better the Igauge adaptor is modded for all three Thanks.....................:idea:

FYI, the "accuremote" family of igaging scales are not designed to accept an AC adapter. I have an older set on my mill and just recently bought a pair (with the stainless steel rule) for my lathe, and all of them are battery-only. The Absolute DROs do support the use of an external supply, so if that's important to you, make sure to get them instead of Accuremote. Edit: that is, unless you're OK using the approach @Pops did and doing some soldering.

I've read that igaging has discontinued the Accuremote line, but my online searching found plenty of folks selling them.

Shouldn't matter, you can solder your AC power adapter leads to the battery terminals in the DRO head or machine a battery-shaped adapter. Anything with a battery can be converted to run on an AC adapter as long as the voltage and amperage requirements are met.

It may not be by design, but it's an easy project.

Back